Shape up for summer
Shape up for summer with some of our Chexercise around the home tips, and you'll soon feel confident enough to strut your stuff on the beach....or down the local park!
- A great energy burning activity is to get out into the sunshine and mow your lawn or do a spot of gardening. Pull up weeds, plant some flowers. Raking and The choice is limitless.
- Organise your drawers and wardrobes. Take out the clothes that are too big for you now, bag them and send them to the charity shop.
- If you have children, take them to the park or beach and join in the fun. You can run around with them, play on the swings, build sandcastles. Theres no end of fun things for you to do your kids will love it too!
- Take your dog out for a walk. Or borrow a dog from a friend if you dont have one. Dogs will happily walk for hours! Or take him/her to the park and throw a ball a great exercise for your arms.
- How about using the time to redecorate a room? Redecorating involves lots of lifting and moving of furniture as well as sweeping and dusting and painting.
Anything that you do around the house can be turned into a Check burning activity. Just remember to put a little more effort into the things you do and get your heart pumping!
- Valerie_64696 and Evelyn_67461 like this
Don't Just Sit There!
Research shows that the average weight gain over the Christmas period is 5 po...
Week 2: Christmas Countdown Challenge
Staying on track in normal weeks can be easy when it comes to booze, but when...
De-stress this season
The festive period can be a busy, stressful time but Scottish Slimmers is her...
Week 1: Christmas Countdown Challenge
We can officially talk about Christmas now but let's keep calm. There's still...
Weight loss and Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is very closely associated with weight. Over 90% of newly dia...
Consultation on Diet and Obesity Strategy
Responding to the publication of the Scottish Government's consultation on a...