Have A Healthy Holiday Weekend
With the holiday weekend round the corner, try these 10 top tips to make sure you stay on track!
1. Plan healthy, time-consuming activities. Plan to exercise and be physical. With more free time, you should be able to fit in exercise. If you exercise on both Saturday and Sunday, you'd only need to find time to exercise on two work days to have a good, all-round fitness programme.
2. Take a hike! Take the kids or the dog or just yourself for a long walk. Take along some water, fresh fruit and a flask of home-made Check free vegetable soup in case you get hungry. Or make sports the focus of the outing, whether its volleyball, Frisbee, rounders, football, rollerblading or walking.
3. Schedule a walk-heavy outing. It could be a trip to the zoo, a museum or the shopping centre; you can keep your mind off food while you burn Checks!
4. Plan your meals. With less structure at the weekends, there is a danger of more unplanned eating and snacking. So plan your meals, know what you are going to eat and stick to it.
5. Go easy on the sauce! Happy hour won't be so happy when you remember just how many Checks alcohol has. A glass of wine has 4-5 Checks, a measure of spirits with (regular) mixer or a pint of beer have about 6 Checks and a bottle of fruit cider has around 8-10 Checks!
6. Avoid turning into a couch potato and taking root in front of the TV or computer. This is a sure way to sabotage your personal eating plan. By sitting around all day, you'll be more likely to reach for a fattening snack... out of boredom.
7. It's okay to slip up... just don't fall. Go on - have a treat! Eat a small chocolate bar or a bag of lower fat crisps. But stop at one. No one should expect perfection on a diet, so slip a sweet into your diet now and then. You'll be far less-stressed... and much more satisfied!
8. Spend time with friends who are supportive or at the very least, avoid saboteurs.
9. Allow yourself to relax. Ensure you get time for yourself. Don't feel guilty about taking time for you.
10. Escape reality... and take the kids, your partner or a friend to the movies. But eat well before you go or only bring enough money to pay for the movie tickets: you'll find it easier to resist the temptation of the snacks on sale!
What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Let us know by using the hashtag #ScottishSlimmers on social media!
To keep up-to-date with all things Scottish Slimmers, make sure you like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.
Itís Little Black Dress Time!
Even after losing weight with Scottish Slimmers you may have some body hangup...
Social Media Terms and Conditions
Social Media Terms and Conditions 1. The promot...
Don't Just Sit There!
Research shows that the average weight gain over the Christmas period is 5 po...
Week 2: Christmas Countdown Challenge
Staying on track in normal weeks can be easy when it comes to booze, but when...
De-stress this season
The festive period can be a busy, stressful time but Scottish Slimmers is her...
Week 1: Christmas Countdown Challenge
We can officially talk about Christmas now but let's keep calm. There's still...