Your Exercise Essentials
If you're completely new to exercise... don't worry! Scottish Slimmers has got you covered. You've already taken the first steps to achieving your fitness goals by simply taking the time to read this article.
On the road to fitness, motivation is everything. It's important to get off to a good start so here are the essential items that you need to begin any exercise plan:
- First, invest in a decent pair of trainers that suit the exercise you decide to do. Make sure you prioritise practicality over attractiveness - getting a comfy, sturdy pair of trainers is more important than getting ones that look good!
- Treat yourself to some new fitness clothes. When you look fabulous, you feel great - plus it's a great excuse to go shopping! Breathable fabric is best for exercise to help you cool down.
- Create the ultimate workout playlist that will motivate you to keep going when things get harder. Tired of looking for the perfect tunes? Check out Scottish Slimmers' Spotify playlists!
- Invest in a fitness tracker to count your steps and keep you motivated! This is especially great if you're new to exercise and want to increase your daily step count. Try starting competitions with your friends or workmates and reach the top of the leaderboard!
- Buy a notebook or use an app. You might think this is a strange one but it will allow you to write down your progress after each session. In time you will start to notice the progress you are making when you can run that extra 5 minutes or swim 2 more lengths.
Now that you know where to start with the exercise essentials, it's time to set yourself some fitness goals. Check out Scottish Slimmers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily motivation and weight loss inspiration.
With roughly 75% of the world finding it difficult to digest lactose, it is n...
Tips to get your kids eating healthy
Do you struggle to get your kids to eat vegetables? Do they always choose swe...
Eating for your best health
All across the world, we see a rise in chronic diseases such as obesity, canc...
Natural VS Artificial Sugars
What is sugar? Sugars are simple carbohydrates that the body breaks down...
60 Minute Makeover-Look slimmer instantly
Slimming down can be so easy to put on hold especially if you're having a par...
Re-inventing cinema snacks
You've got your cinema ticket and now its time to head to the snack counter a...