Alternative Easter Menu
Enjoy an alternative Easter with our Feelgood Easter menu!
Mini Spinach and Pepper Tortilla
(FG 1 using 1 GC CC 3.5)
1 red pepper
1 red onion, chopped
125g cooked potato, chopped
200g baby spinach leaves
A splash skimmed milk
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Grill the pepper until charred. Remove the skin and seeds and cut into strips.
- Spray oil in a pan and cook the onion for 10 minutes, then add the potato. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper strips and spinach leaves. Cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with salt & pepper and a splash skimmed milk. Pour the egg mix over the vegetables to cover the pan base. Cook gently until the egg is set.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top and cut into four.
- Flash under grill to melt cheese and firm up. Serve warm with a nice salad.
Lebanese lemon and garlic chicken
(FG 0 using 1 GC CC 12)
500g new potatoes
4 chicken breast fillets
4 garlic cloves , crushed
4 garlic cloves, whole and unpeeled
Juice 2 large lemons
½ lemon, cut into wedges
Spray olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190, Gas mark 5
- Put chicken and potatoes in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with garlic, seasoning and lemon juice.
- Add whole garlic cloves and lemon slices to the dish and spray with oil.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes until the potatoes are crispy.
- Serve with a dash of Harissa paste and either salad or vegetables.
No cook chocolate cake
(FG 7 CC 7 per slice)
115g dark plain chocolate (70% minimum cocoa solids)
4 tbsp low-fat butter or spread
1 egg white
120 low-fat ginger nut biscuits
45g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
30g dried cranberries
1 Break the chocolate into squares and melt them with the low-fat butter over a saucepan of simmering water.
2 Beat the egg white in a clean, dry bowl until they form stiff peaks. With a metal spoon, fold them gently into the melted chocolate mixture. Mix thoroughly to distribute the egg white evenly.
3 Roughly crush the ginger nuts with a rolling pin to leave some chunky pieces as well as crumbs. Stir them into the chocolate mixture with the apricots and cranberries.
4 Spoon the mixture into a 18cm cake tin and spread it out evenly, levelling the top.
5 Chill in the refrigerator for 23 hours, until firm. Serve cut into slices.
- Valerie63 likes this
Earn your Easter Egg
Are you up for an earn your egg Easte challenge? As we have found many averag...
Alternative Easter Menu
Enjoy an alternative Easter with our Feelgood Easter menu! Starter Mini Spin...
Your Easter favourites cracked
We polled the Scottish Slimmers team to find our what their Easter favourites...
Scottish Slimmers Success Awards 2017
Share your success and celebrate with us at our annual Success Awards! W...
Join Free in April
Screenshot or save this this offer on your phone and bring it to class befor...
Scottish Slimmers Low Fat Sausages
You asked and we have listened, we recently teamed up with firm Scottish Slim...