Scottish Slimmers Low Fat Sausages
You asked and we have listened, we recently teamed up with firm Scottish Slimmers favourite Malcolm Allan to deliver a brand new range of low fat sausages.
These tasty low fat sausages come in two varieties, pork and beef, and they're only 2 Checks on our Classic Checks plan and are even considered a FG 0 meaning they can be eaten freely on our Feelgood Food Plan!
The sausages retail at £2.50 and are available in most ASDA stores in both varieties and our Pork variety can be found in most Sainsbury's stores too!
Sausages with tasty bubble and squeak mash
FG 0 using 1 GC CC 13
- 8 low-fat Scottish Slimmers / Malcolm Allan sausages
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- spray oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 tsp cranberry sauce or redcurrant jelly
- For the bubble and squeak mash:
- 450g potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- spray oil
- 175g cooked left-over vegetables, e.g. shredded cabbage, chopped sprouts
- 85ml skimmed milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages under a preheated hot grill, turning them frequently, until they are cooked through and appetizingly brown all over. Keep warm.
- While the sausages are cooking, boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain and return the potatoes to the warm pan.
- At the same time, cook the onion and garlic slowly in a pan that has been sprayed lightly with oil until they are really tender. Stir in the leftover vegetables.
- Mash the potatoes with the milk and beat with a fork until smooth. Add the cooked vegetable mixture and plenty of black pepper. Keep warm.
- For the gravy, cook the red onions gently in a pan sprayed with oil until softened. Crumble in the stock cube and stir well, then add the boiling water and cranberry sauce. Let it bubble away until it reduces and thickens.
Bangers with Apple Mash
FG 0.5 using 1 GC CC 8
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 2 tsp grain mustard
- 4 low-fat Scottish Slimmers / Malcolm Allan sausages
- 2 dessert apples, cored and scored around the middle
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Spray oil
- 300g peeled potatoes
- 60ml skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp low-fat creme fraiche
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6. Mix the honey and mustard and use this to coat the sausages. Place them in a roasting pan with the apples, and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cook the onions and the cumin seeds in a pan sprayed with oil over a low heat until they are softened and golden
- At the same time, boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked.
- Drain the potatoes. Add the skimmed milk and mash or beat with an electric whisk until cmooth. Mixin the creme fraiche, remaining mustard and seasoning.
- Scoop out the flesh from the baked apples and mix with the onions.
- Serve the sausages with the potato topped with the apple and onion mixture. No-Check cabbage and broccoli go well with this finished dish.
FG 0 using 1 GC CC 9
- 2 low-fat Scottish Slimmers / Malcolm Allan Sausages
- 1 onion
- spray oil
- 2 mini wholemeal sub rolls / 1 wholemeal flour tortilla
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- Grill 2 low fat sausages.
- Slice onion and cook with a spray of oil in a non stick pan.
- Serve the sausages and onions in your mini wholemeal sub rolls or wrap in the tortilla.
- Add mustard and ketchup and serve.
- Laura_62440, Valerie_64696 and Michel like this
With roughly 75% of the world finding it difficult to digest lactose, it is n...
Tips to get your kids eating healthy
Do you struggle to get your kids to eat vegetables? Do they always choose swe...
Eating for your best health
All across the world, we see a rise in chronic diseases such as obesity, canc...
Natural VS Artificial Sugars
What is sugar? Sugars are simple carbohydrates that the body breaks down...
60 Minute Makeover-Look slimmer instantly
Slimming down can be so easy to put on hold especially if you're having a par...
Re-inventing cinema snacks
You've got your cinema ticket and now its time to head to the snack counter a...