Recipe of the WeekBreakfast Bars FG 6 / CC 7
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Low Check
- No Check
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Spring Lamb with Rosemary
FG 0 CC 6
Simply roasted, fresh seasonal lamb is at its best in Spring. Treat yourself to some today...
- 1 x 400 g/14 oz boned and rolled leg of lamb
- 1 bulb garlic, separated into peeled cloves
- few sprigs fresh rosemary
- ground black pepper
- spray oil
- For the mint sauce:
- 60 ml/2 fl oz wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- Using a sharp knife, make many incisions all over the top of the lamb joint. Slice the garlic cloves and insert the slivers of garlic into the incisions, pushing them in well. Cut the rosemary into smaller sprigs and push them into the incisions, too.
- Spray lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the lamb in a roasting pan and cook in a preheated oven at 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 for 1 hour, or until it is cooked to your liking. It may need a little longer if you prefer it well done.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and transfer the joint to a carving board. Cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the mint sauce, blend the wine vinegar and sugar. Stir the chopped mint into the sauce with a pinch of salt.
- Carve the lamb thinly, removing any visible fat.
- Serve with green vegetables, carrots, new potatoes (70 cals, 3 Checks per 100 g/3½ oz) and gravy made with low-fat gravy granules.