Recipe of the WeekBreakfast Bars FG 6 / CC 7
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Low Check
- No Check
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 2
Stir Fried Lamb with Noodles
FG 8 CC 15
A fast and fresh way to make the most of lean, spring lamb - or substitute chicken or pork instead.
- 115g/4oz Chinese egg noodles (dry weight)
- Spray oil
- 175g/6oz lean lamb leg or fillet, fat removed, cut into strips
- 2.5cm/1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 225g/8oz shiitake or large field mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Hoi Sin sauce
- garnish coriander leaves or flat-leaf parsley, torn
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes, until tender. Drain well in a colander.
- Spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. When it is really hot, add the lamb strips and stir-fry for 2 minutes, until browned all over.
- Add the ginger, garlic, red pepper, spring onions and mushrooms to the wok, and then continue stir-frying for about 2-3 minutes, until the pepper is bright and softened.
- Stir in the soy and Hoi Sin sauces, and add the drained egg noodles to the wok.
- Toss the mixture gently until everything is lightly coated in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, scattered with torn coriander leaves or parsley, with some stir-fried pak choi or winter greens tossed with garlic and ginger.
- ALTERNATIVE: If you donít fancy lamb in this recipe, you can use the same quantity of chicken or pork instead. If so, you will have to count 330 cals, 13 Checks, 3g fat for chicken; 330 cals, 13 Checks, 6g fat for pork.