Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
FG 8 CC 8
Serve up sunshine on a plate with this one-pot wonder. Perfect for parties and equally tasty hot or cold.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Spray oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 225g/8oz Arborio or risotto rice
- 600ml/1 pint fish stock
- Few strands saffron
- 225g/8oz ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 350g/12oz mixed fresh seafood (or frozen, defrosted)
- 75g/2Żoz fresh or frozen peas
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a very large deep frying pan, cook the onions and garlic in spray oil over a low heat until softened. Add the peppers and cook for about 3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the rice and cook for about 1 minute before adding some of the stock and saffron. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and add the tomatoes.
- Cook gently, adding more stock as and when necessary, for about 20 minutes. When all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, add the seafood and peas. Season well with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes. If the paella starts to stick to the pan, add more liquid. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley, with a mixed salad.