Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
FG 7 CC 7
Use leftover Halloween pumpkins to make this hearty low check dish for the family
- Spray Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 175g Arborio risotto rice (dry weight)
- 60ml dry white wine
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- Pinch of saffron strands
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spray a large, deep frying pan lightly with oil. Gently cook the onion, pumpkin and garlic with the rosemary sprigs for about 5 minutes, until the onion and pumpkin are starting to soften.
- Stir in the rice, turn up the heat and pour in the wine. Let it bubble and reduce for a few minutes, then lower the heat to a bare simmer and gradually ladle in some of the hot stock with the saffron. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until all of the stock has been absorbed and then add more.
- Cook the risotto this way for about 20 - 30 minutes, until the rice is tender and creamy and the liquid is fully absorbed. Season with black pepper and discard the rosemary. Stir in the parsley and parmesan and serve immediately with a crisp green salad.