Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 1
Indonesian Spiced Rice
FG 8 CC 14
Spice up your life and eating plan with this tasty oriental dish!
- spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 heaped tsp curry powder, or to taste
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 60g rice
- 274ml boiling water
- 30g cooked ham, diced
- 60g, cooked prawns
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Spray a pan with oil and cook the chopped onion until golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2minutes more. Stir in the mushrooms, peppers, curry powder, tomato puree, water and stock cube.
- Add the rice. Cover and cook gently until all the water has been absorbed (15-20minutes)
- Stir in the ham and prawns and keep warm.
- Spray a small pan with oil and cook the beaten egg, gradually drawing in the cooked edges, to make a small omelette. Once cooked, remove from the pan and cut into strips.
- Serve the rice mixture, topped with the omelette strips.