Recipe of the WeekBreakfast Bars FG 6 / CC 7
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Low Check
- No Check
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 2
Vegetable Korma Curry
FG 7.5 CC 14
Celebrate #NationalCurryWeek with this tasty recipe!
- Spray oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g new potatoes, halved
- 85ml water
- 1 x 200ml can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 85g thin green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 150g plain boiled rice (cooked weight)
- Red onion chutney
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- Spray a deep frying pan lightly with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the red onion, aubergine, garlic and ginger, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and turmeric, and then add the tomatoes and potatoes. Pour in the water and coconut milk, then reduce the heat to a bare simmer, cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has reduced a little. Add the green beans and courgette 5 minutes before the end.
- While the korma is cooking away, make the chutney. Mix all of the ingredients together and transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Serve the korma with some plain boiled rice with the chutney on the side.