Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Scotch Lamb & Aubergine Dhansak
FG 0 CC 13
There is a great variety of simple and quick dishes that can be made using Scotch Lamb such as this delicious Dhansak
- 400g Lean Scotch Lamb PGI mince
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2cm piece root ginger, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 100g red lentils
- 400ml hot lamb stock
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 250g young leaf spinach
- Basmati rice and / or naan bread to serve (optional)
- Place the lamb in a bowl, sprinkle over the spaces and mix well (if you have time set aside for an hour)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion, ginger, aubergine and pepper for 5 minutes or so until golden. Add the spiced mince and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils, stock, tomatoes and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 30 minutes until very tender. Add the spinach and cook for a minute or two until wilted. Serve with rice or naan.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: For a lovely cooling raita to serve with this curry, coarsely grate 1/2 cucumber and place in a sieve. Press with the back of a spoon to extract the excess juice. Mix the cucumber with 100g fat free natural yogurt, 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint and crushed garlic clove. Use your Bonus calcium allowance and count No Checks.