Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Chicken and kale stir fry
FG 1 using 1 GC/ CC 8
Here is one quick and easy way to get some of your 5 a day!
- 180g wholegrain rice (dry weight)
- spray oil
- 500g skinned chicken breast, cubed
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and shredded
- 100g kale, shredded
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan or wok lightly with oil and stir-fry the chicken for 5 minutes until slightly browned all over. Add the ginger, garlic, lemongrass and chilli and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the kale and broccoli and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime zest and juice.
- Serve immediately with the boiled rice.