Per Serving, serves 6
FG 0 CC 16
A great source of protein and packed full of vitamins, pork is one of the most versatile meats on the market
- 500g Specially Selected Pork fillet, lean shoulder or leg, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400ml chicken stock
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat one tbsp. of oil in a large ovenproof casserole pan and cook the pork, onion and celery over a high heat for 5 minutes or so until nicely browned. Stir in the garlic and rosemary and cook for a minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer in the oven for 1½ hours until the pork is very tender.
- Meanwhile, mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole and return to the oven, uncovered for 15 minutes or so until the top is crunchy and golden. Serve with green beans and crusty bread.