Per Serving, serves 4
FG 0 using 1 GC CC 12
A Indian meal for all the family to enjoy
- Spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp each cumin, cinnamon, coriander seeds and paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g tinned chopped tomoatoes
- 4 tbsp low-fat plain yogurt
- 120g Basmati rice
- 450g lean minced beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp low-fat plain yoghurt
- Handful fresh coriander
- Make the meatballs by mixing all the ingredients together well and using your hands, shape 24 small balls.
- Spray a pan with oil and lightly cook the onions and cinnamon for 10 mins.
- Blitz the ginger, spices and garlic to a paste. Stir the paste into the cooked onion and cook 2 mins. Add tomatoes and cook 2 mins. Add the yoghurt and 300ml water.
- Add the meatballs. Cover and cook for 20 mins, adding more water if needed.
- Meanwhile cook the rice as per pack instructions and serve with the meatball curry.