No Check Food
Can be eaten freely, serves 2
Loaded skins Recipe of the Week
FG 0 using 1 GC / CC 9
Try our delicious Loaded Skins recipe for lunch
- 2 Medium potatoes
- 1 Ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 30g half-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200oC / gas mark 6.
- Scrub the potatoes and pierce them a couple of times with a skewer or fork before baking in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour, until they are cooked and tender. Alternatively, cook in a microwave for approx. 8 minutes.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways and scoop out most of the flesh (set this aside to use in another recipe).
- Mix the chopped tomato and spring onion with the grated Cheddar cheese and a little seasoning.
- Divide between the potato skins and pop under a pre-heated hot grill for about 3 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
- Alternative toppings
- Heat 4 tbsp baked beans in tomato sauce. Mix in 1 x 25g chopped Peperami stick.FG 2.5 / CC 3.5
- Mix 4 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese with some chopped red, green or yellow peppers and 2 chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil). FG 0 / CC 1
- Mix 60g chopped cooked turkey with 1 tsp cranberry sauce and then divide between the potato skins. Top each one with a thin slice of half-fat Mozzarella cheese and grill until melted and golden. FG 0 / CC 2