Per Serving, serves 4
Spiced Green Pea Soup
FG 0 CC 4
Tasty, simple and easy-PEAsy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5 cm /1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 225g frozen peas
- 1 fresh chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Few coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml very low-fat yoghurt
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Put the onion, potato, garlic, ginger, spices and stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and chilli, then bring back to the boil before lowering the heat and cooking for 5 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the lemon juice and chopped coriander and season to taste.
- Puree the soup in batches until smooth in a blender or food processor, and then chill in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, swirl in the yoghurt. Spoon into serving bowls and top each one with a sprig of coriander.