Recipe of the WeekScrunch top steak pie CC 14
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 2
Mince & Macaroni bake
FG 0 using 1 GC / CC 19
Gather the family this winter and try this delicious hearty bake
- 250g extra lean minced beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 mushrooms, chopped
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Good pinch dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- 100g short cut macaroni
- 30g half-fat cheddar, grated
- Put the mince, onion and mushrooms in a non-stick pan and stir-fry until mince has browned and onions have softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and cook gently 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in lightly salted boiling water until just tender.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 6.
- Drain the macaroni and spread half over the base of an ovenproof dish. Cover with the meat sauce, then the remaining macaroni. Scatter the grated cheese over the
- top and bake approximately 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve with no-Check salad or vegetables.