Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 12
Star mincemeat tarts
FG 5 / CC 7
Staple homemade treat for the festive season
- 1 x 375g pack ready rolled sweet shortcrust pastry
- 200g mincemeat
- 1 Pink Lady Apple, cored and finely diced
- 25g dried cranberries
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200c/18c fan oven/gas mark 6. Unroll the pastry onto a clean board. Using a 7cm cutter stamp out 12 circles and use to line a bun tin. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Reserve the pastry trimmings.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together the mincemeat, diced apple and dried cranberries. Spoon a little of the apple mincemeat into each pastry case.
- Using the pastry trimmings stamp out 12 small star or heart shapes and place on the top of each mincemeat tart. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and cooked.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm or cold.