Recipe of the WeekSpicy beans on toast FG 0 using 1 GC / CC8
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Bonfire Night
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 2
Spicy beans on toast Recipe of the Week
FG 0 using 1 GC / CC8
Spicy twist to the classic beans on toast!
- Spray oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small chilli, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 x 200g can cannellini or butterbeans, drained
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 medium slices wholegrain bread
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly spray a pan with oil and cook the onion and chilli for 5 minutes until tender.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the drained beans and tomato paste and heat through gently. Add the balsamic vinegar and seasoning
- Lightly toast the bread and spoon the beans over the top. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.