Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 20
FG 3 / CC 3
Delicious macaroons perfect for an afternoon treat
- For the macaroons:
- 120g Egg white(s) approx. 4 eggs
- 170g Icing sugar
- 160g Almonds (ground)
- 80g Half Spoon granulated sugar
- Pink food colouring a few drops
- For the filling:
- 6tbsp Raspberry jam
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Measure the egg whites accurately, placing 60g in one bowl and 60g in another mixing bowl.
- Place icing sugar and ground almonds in the mixing bowl and add one lot of egg whites and the pink food colouring. Mix until it forms a paste.
- Place the Half Spoon sugar into a small pan and add 50ml cold water.
- Heat gently then boil for 5 minutes to create a syrup. Then start whisking the remaining egg whites to firm peaks. Remove the syrup from the heat. Trickle the hot syrup into the egg whites while you mix, until it is all incorporated and you have a smooth, shiny meringue.
- Add the meringue mixture into the bowl of almond mixture. Using a large metal spoon, fold the two together until smooth and lace the mixture into a pipping bag.
- Pipe small macaroons. Allow the macaroon to rest on the work surface for 30 minutes. Bake them for 14 minutes. If the macaroons begin to brown, cover them with a sheet of baking parchment after 10 minutes.
- Leave them to cool. Sandwich the macaroons together with a little jam.