Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
No Check Food
Can be eaten freely, serves 2
Vegetable shepherd's pie
FG 0 / CC 0
Hearty vegetable shepherd's pie for the whole family to enjoy
- 1 medium swede
- Spray oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 60ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Remove the outer peel from the swede and cut the flesh into dice.
- Cook the swede in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for about 10-15 minutes, until cooked and tender.
- Drain well in a colander and then mash the swede with a potato masher.
- Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and, over a medium heat, cook the onion, leeks and garlic until soften.
- Add the button mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until tender and golden brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes and vegetable stock and continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Tip the vegetable mixture into an ovenproof dish and level the top. Spoon the mashed swede over the vegetables to cover.
- Bake the shepherd's pie in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes and serve immediately with some steamed or boiled green vegetables.