Recipe of the WeekScrunch top steak pie CC 14
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Lamb with lentils and herbs
FG 0 / CC 11
Celebrate Easter Sunday with this delicious lamb dish!
- 200g Puy lentils or green lentils (dry weight)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 x 100g lean lamb chops or cutlets (all visible fat removed)
- spray oil
- a splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp half-fat crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pick the lentils over just in case there are any little stones. Put the lentils in a large saucepan with a pinch of salt, 2 rosemary sprigs and the garlic, and cover with plenty of water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook gently for 25–30 minutes, until tender.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray the lamb with oil and rub with the remaining rosemary. Cook on a hot griddle pan or under a preheated grill for 3–4 minutes each side (depending on how pink or well done you like your lamb).
- Drain the lentils and return to the warm pan. Stir the balsamic, mustard and crème fraîche. Season to taste.
- Serve the lamb with the lentils and some No-Check green vegetables.