Recipe of the WeekScrunch top steak pie CC 14
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 1
Chicken Pasta with Olives
FG 2 using 1 GC / CC 16
Quick and tasty pasta dish to rustle up
- 1 small chicken breast, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, well drained
- Spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- Pinch of Italian seasoning or oregano
- 5 pitted black or green olives
- 60g whole wheat penne or other pasta
- 1 tsp capers (optional)
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Roughly chop the anchovies. Spray a saucepan with oil and heat. Add the chicken pieces and cool for 2-3 minutes. Add the anchovies and garlic and stir over medium heat for about 1 minute, breaking up the anchovies so they start to “melt”.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs and olives and stir well. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer 15 minutes to thicken and reduce sauce.
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain thoroughly.
- Stir the capers into the sauce and season to taste with black pepper.
- Sprinkle dish with 2 tsp grated Parmesan.