Recipe of the WeekBreakfast Bars FG 6 / CC 7
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Low Check
- No Check
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
HECK Sausage and Sweet Potato Bake
FG 5.5 using 1 GC CC 11.5
Why not try this family-friendly HECK bake
- 1 pack HECK Chicken Italia Chipolatas
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- ½ tbsp low salt soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into regular size chunks, approx. 2cm square. In a large roasting tin spread out the potatoes, chipolatas and sliced red onion. Pour over the sunflower oil, soy sauce and dried thyme. Season with ground black pepper and then mix together with your hands to ensure everything is well coated.
- Pop into the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the sliced courgettes (discs around 1cm thick) and the sliced mushrooms, mixing well once again. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes. Check the sausages are piping hot and that the vegetables are all tender then serve up.
- This makes a yummy Sunday lunch for a busy day when you don’t have time to make a full roast.