Recipe of the WeekBreakfast Bars FG 6 / CC 7
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Low Check
- No Check
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 2
HECK Summery bangers and cauliflower-cannellini mash
FG 8 / CC13
Try this light version of bangers and mash from HECK!
- Spray oil
- 6 HECK Chicken Italia Sausages
- 1 red or brown onion, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1tbsp fresh thyme, rosemary or tarragon, chopped
- 125ml reduced-salt hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g cauliflower florets
- 400g can cannellini beans in water, drained and rinsed
- Zest ½ lemon
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook for 5 mins until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins before adding the tomatoes. Cook for 3 mins until the tomatoes have cooked down.
- Add the herbs and stock, season with freshly ground black pepper and bring to the boil. Add the sausages to the pan, reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 mins until the gravy has reduced.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the cauliflower and boil gently for 5 mins until just tender. Add the cannellini beans and cook for 2 mins. Drain well and return to the pan. Add the lemon zest, mustard and season with freshly ground black pepper, then mash until smooth.
- Serve the mash topped with the sausages and tomato gravy.
- Recipe courtesy of HECK, www.heckfood.co.uk