Recipe of the WeekRoasted vegetable and sausage bake Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Roasted vegetable and sausage bake Recipe of the Week
Subsitute Scottish Slimmers sausages in to this Aldi recipe for a healthy, nutritious meal. p>
FG 5 / CC 8
- 6 Scottish Slimmers chicken sausages
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- Butternut Squash, cut into thin wedges or cubes
- 5g Rosemary
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 450g New Potatoes, halved
- 2 Large Parsnips, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1tsp Dried Chilli Flakes (optional)
- Berry Jam:
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 1 Onion peeled and finely sliced
- 2 Pears peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp. Cranberry Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 150g Blackberries or other seasonal berries
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 190oC/375oF/Gas Mark 5.
- In a large roasting pan toss together the sausages, garlic, butternut squash, rosemary, olive oil, new potatoes, parsnips and dried chilli flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes until the sausages are golden brown and the butternut squash is soft.
- To make the Berry Jam:
- heat the oil in a heavy-based pan, add the onion and cook slowly until softened and browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring as necessary.
- Cover the pan and cook, on a reduced heat, for approximately 10 minutes.
Photo and recipe from Aldi