Recipe of the WeekHealthy Sausage Rolls Healthier version of party favourites
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 4
Venison burger with cheese
Substiute for Scottish Slimmers venison burger for a healthier twist on this burger recipe.
FG 11 / CC 19
- 2 x packs Scottish Slimmers Venison burgers
- 1 x pack 4 Specially Selected Brioche Burger Buns
- 4 x slices Lighter Cheddar Cheese Slices
- 80g Ketchup
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Carrot
- 160g reduced-fat coleslaw
- With a peeler – peel long ribbons from the courgette and the carrot.
- Barbecue or grill the burgers for about 6 minutes each side.
- Split the buns and toast the cut sides.
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each burger – return to the grill just to melt slightly.
- Assemble the burgers – First divide the coleslaw between the bases of the buns.
- Then top with some ribbons of carrot and courgette.
- Then top this with a slice of the smoky cheddar – top that with some fiery ketchup, then the cheese topped burger and lastly the burger bun top.
Recipe taken from our partner Aldi; adapted using our Scottish Slimmers venison burgers from Highland Game.