Recipe of the WeekHealthy Sausage Rolls Healthier version of party favourites
- Main Meal
- Low Cost
- Quick Meal
Per Serving, serves 0
Healthy Sausage Rolls Recipe of the Week
Healthier version of party favourites p>
FG 4 / CC 10
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 750g lean pork mince
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 60ml sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- handful chopped coriander
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1. Preheat oven to 200C. Place bread in a medium bowl and pour over enough warm water to cover the bread. Allow the stand for 5 minutes, then squeeze the bread to drain it.
- 2. Place the bread into a large bowl. Add the mince, onions, chilli sauce, fish sauce and coriander. Stir until combined.
- 3. Place a sheet of pastry on a lightly floured work surface and cut in half. Mould the mince mixture down the long edge of the pastry. Brush the remaining edges with cold water.
- 4. Roll the pastry to form a long sausage shape. Cut each into 5 pieces.
- 5. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.