4 replies to this topic

#1 eddie

eddie

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

As I have mentioned before, and as my ticker shows, I cant seem to stop losing weight ; currently I am over a stone below my target weight, which incidentally I had set on the high side.I am happy enough in myself, but just mystified why it is happening. I am eating tons more now than when I was pepping ; in fact my c/m has set my checks at 10 above the norm, so I am on 100 checks a day ! Since last September when I joined s/s I have had a loss every week except 1 ( a couple of weeks after I hit target when i gained 2 lbs.....due to fluid that week I think ). I have'nt missed a week either, and dont want to as the support is great, but I dread stepping on the scales now more than I did when wanting to lose ! ; an exageration, maybe , but I sometimes think i'll skip a week and see what happens.We go away for a fortnight at the end of July, and I know I will have a great time, and fully intend to feed myself well, so perhaps that will be the turning point for me ; Sensibilities tell me it will slow down and stop naturally - it has too ! Rant over , thanks for listening - maybe this should have gone as a blog, but I am too slow a typist to redo it now :rolleyes: any comments gratefully received , eddie

Edited by eddie, 19 June 2008 - 07:30 PM.

#2 POOKIE

POOKIE

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

I think you are probably right Eddie in saying that your body will "slow down" eventually - and reach a natural plateau.In the meantime, as long as you are not now UNDERWEIGHT then I dont suppose its a major problem. I would keep doing what you are doing and it'll even out I'm sureYour CM will soon tell you if its becoming a problem.Jacqui xps - Wish I had your problem :lol: :lol: :lol: J x

#3 sharon19

sharon19

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,214 posts
  • Interests:I love to do cross stitches, they relax me and I love to see the pattern coming to life as I work on it

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:32 AM

Sorry Eddie I cant comment as I have never been were you are now, but I am sire your CM will keep a real close eye on you

#4 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:52 AM

Eddie - maybe the 2 weeks away will do you the world of good, and what about going to class every two weeks as opposed to every week......?? your still sticking with your class which is brilliant as between your cm and classmates i bet you have a great time while you are there.the last thing you want is to be stressed before class about "losing" but maybe the target set and what your body thinks your ideal weight is are two different weights!!!! I agree with Pookie that your weight loss will eventually settle.As long as your eating your 100 checks, your fit and healthy - maybe go with the flow - if you start to border on the underweight side of your weight spectrum your CM will give you the advice to "top you up again"!!!!take care

#5 Ermintrude

Ermintrude

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
  • Interests:lots of crafty things and being generally healthy and fit! Gotta stay at target somehow

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

hey eddie! i know what you mean chum! i am now a stone under my target and have been for a long time. when i first got to target i just kept losing just like you - even though i upped my checks and was eating a chocolate bar a day to try and keep them up - so much food! i found eventually my weight found its happy level and now i just flucuate a pound here and a pound there - i wouldnt be worried, your body will sort itself out :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users