• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Broxi

Miss Broxi

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:*My hooligan child- Mackenzie<br />*Friends and family<br />*Swimming<br />*I love &quot;Body&quot; classes and do Step, Pump, Combat, Attack and Schwinn regularly<br />*Cooking and EATING

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hi FolksI love my gym classes and try to do one everyday, at the moment I do Total Toning, Body Pump, Body Combat, Aquafit and Schwinn (Spinning) and occassionally Body Step but I really fancy getting into Body Attack. How does it compare to Body Combat? I love it and although I work hard and sweat buckets (sorry!) I dont feel like I'm dying or anything but for whatever reason I have a wee mental block about Attack.So, how fast paced is it compared to Combat and is it much more co-ordinated?Thanks xx

#2 Miss Broxi

Miss Broxi

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:*My hooligan child- Mackenzie<br />*Friends and family<br />*Swimming<br />*I love &quot;Body&quot; classes and do Step, Pump, Combat, Attack and Schwinn regularly<br />*Cooking and EATING

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

BUMP :surrender:

#3 2506

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

sorry MB cant offer any advice but thought i would bump it up for you as well and also ask what body step is? sounds good!

#4 Flick

Flick

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,261 posts
  • Interests:Family, Football & Fitness

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:56 AM

Body Attack in Perth is only open to the intermdiate/advanced exercise category which I don't class myself as.I did do it once quite a few years ago and really enjoyed it but I am sure it's changed in that time.Body Combat it open to All so I would reckon it means that Body Attack is a more difficult class than Combat.

#5 Shewy7

Shewy7

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:54 AM

Hi, I love Body Combat, and Body Attack. But I would say that Attack is harder. If you have been going to Combat for a while and do all those other classes I am sure you would cope no problem.... Just remember to stretch your calves after - thats where it always hurts me if I haven't been for a while. It is not much more co-ordinated, it is fast - but repetitive so you get the hang of it. Let me know if you go and how you get on.

#6 Miss Broxi

Miss Broxi

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Thanks GuysMinnie - Body Step is a bit like the old Reebok Step classes, quite a cardio class and a few new moves to get the hang of but good. Unfortunatley its not on at my local gym so I dont go too often.Good point Flick, hope its just a technique thing. Think I might ask one of the combat instructors what they think.Thanks Shewy - thats great, its not really the cardio part I'm worried about it is the co-ordination lol. The classes seem to be so busy I dont want to get in peoples way. I was thinking actually I might go to one of the other sports centres first time cos their halls are much bigger and I could hide up the back :2thumbs: Not sure when I will go but I think I need the push to do it.....maybe hang off until my losses slow a bit, I always find a change of routine boosts things again.Weird I have such a mental block about this I am normally so up for things :wacko:

#7 Miss Broxi

Miss Broxi

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

Sorry should have updated this - I bit the bullet - went to Attack and loved it! I have been going for 3 weeks now and will be there again tomorrow :2thumbs: Its quite fast and very sweaty but gives you a real buzz and although I am working hard I def dont feel like I might die lolllxx

#8 Jaye33

Jaye33

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,621 posts
  • Interests:healthy eating

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

Sorry should have updated this - I bit the bullet - went to Attack and loved it! I have been going for 3 weeks now and will be there again tomorrow :2thumbs: Its quite fast and very sweaty but gives you a real buzz and although I am working hard I def dont feel like I might die lolllxx

good for you :2thumbs: i was gonna suggest looking at it online, if ure with bts, it tells you a bit about it, a video and it also tells you the songs that you are working too xx found the link... http://www.fitpro.co...gram=BODYATTACK

Edited by jaye33, 12 August 2009 - 08:55 PM.

#9 pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

I cant remember if it was attack or combat I once went to but we had to run round the room for what felt like ages. I hated it and have never been to a combat or attack class since!!!Xxxxxx

#10 Miss Broxi

Miss Broxi

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:31 PM

Lol that would have been Attack then - oh well, at least you gave it a bash. I'm still loving both, been to attack tonight and plan combat tomorrow

#11 pinkprincess

pinkprincess

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

maybe will give them another go now im a wee bit fitter. or maybe ill stick to spin! xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users