• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Suzanne_Hwang

Suzanne_Hwang

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I've led a very interesting life these past few years due to my interest in Korea. I was at Sheffield University for 3 years plus a year in South Korea [trying] to learn the language and soaking up the amazing atmosphere. <br /><br />I am now a qualified TEFL teacher teaching in South Korea. Currently I am back home in Scotland for a break and to spend time with my family. I would like to continue the PEP ME plan when I go back to work in Korea. I know it can be done!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

Today I decided to try two recipes from the Let's Eat section.For lunch, I made the Creamy Vegetable Soup for me and my family. My SO said it was very 'morale boosting' and everybody enjoyed tucking into it.For dinner, I made the Quorn Spicy Noodles. I love making food like this: it takes minutes to cook in the wok, kinda Asian, spicy and veerrrry tasty. Delicious :lipsmacking:I recommend both recipes.Has anybody else made recipes from the Let's Eat section of the website? What did you make? Would you recommend it to others?

#2 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

Yes I've tried a lot!! The guilt free chicken kormachicken, walnut and apple saladI'm sure there's more!! I've made a lot of them when I fancy something different!! Yummy xx

#3 Suzanne_Hwang

Suzanne_Hwang

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Interests:I've led a very interesting life these past few years due to my interest in Korea. I was at Sheffield University for 3 years plus a year in South Korea [trying] to learn the language and soaking up the amazing atmosphere. <br /><br />I am now a qualified TEFL teacher teaching in South Korea. Currently I am back home in Scotland for a break and to spend time with my family. I would like to continue the PEP ME plan when I go back to work in Korea. I know it can be done!

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

That guilt free chicken looks especially good and very simple to make. Must try that one soon! :lipsmacking:

#4 Avy75

Avy75

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

No I've not tried any, I have started to use more of the recipes in the PEp book. So I may get around to it!!!

#5 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

Yeah it's yummy! Also the goats cheese and spinich stuffed mushroomsmmmmI think in general the recipies are all good With the exeption of a few I won't make again - the morrocan fish stew but that just wasn't my thing and the baked bean burgers from the low check no check I think I just can't make cos they've got cottage cheese in them and it just sounds awful I've not tried but I know ppl who have and didn't like them hehe Xx

#6 Suzanne_Hwang

Suzanne_Hwang

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

Hmmm, that baked bean burger thing sounds almost like a WW recipe from days gone past :lol: Some of them were pretty vile.Had a look at the spinach and mushroom dish. Yeah, that sounds good. My daughter loves the big mushroom starters!

#7 Suzanne_Hwang

Suzanne_Hwang

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

I tried the Quick Coq au Vin recipe last night. I had to double it to feed my family but I'm not so sure about this recipe. There seemed to be a helluva amount of liquid for just two teaspoons of flour to thicken it. Still, it was warming and felt very nourishing going down my sore throat. It filled up everybody who ate it and only Miss Fussy Eater (aka my daughter) would not try it. :lol: This lunchtime I made the Chickpea Fritters. 10 out of 10 for them. They were easy to make and came out lovely. Great stuffed inside a pitta bread and dipped in the yoghurt dip. :lipsmacking: Miss Fussy Eater gave her approval, too. :2thumbs:

#8 Wabeywoo

Wabeywoo

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

I'm going to do the Bourskin Chicken one sometime this week :) I've also done Keema Curry (Yum!) Broccoli & Chicken Pie which was nice but I buggered up the sauce a bit :shucks: Jamacain Jerk Chicken at request of other half, we both loved it and I'm pretty sure I did the Kashmiri Prawns too. And thats just the "Lets Eat" ones! :D Oh no. I've just spotted the American Baked Cheesecake. I love Cheesecake :cupid: Yeah, the diet's back on today... :(

#9 Suzanne_Hwang

Suzanne_Hwang

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Good luck with your weight loss efforts, Wabeywoo. :2thumbs: And thanks for your recommendations. :lipsmacking:

#10 kateyboo

kateyboo

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Interests:Music, being with my friends, knitting, cooking, baking and cake decorating

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

I'm going to do the Bourskin Chicken one sometime this week :) I've also done Keema Curry (Yum!) Broccoli & Chicken Pie which was nice but I buggered up the sauce a bit :shucks: Jamacain Jerk Chicken at request of other half, we both loved it and I'm pretty sure I did the Kashmiri Prawns too. And thats just the "Lets Eat" ones! :D Oh no. I've just spotted the American Baked Cheesecake. I love Cheesecake :cupid: Yeah, the diet's back on today... :(

The boursin chicken is lovley :lipsmacking: so is the boursin pasta - i mix the 2 together and do 45g pasta for me - 1 x chicken breast between the 2 of us and - 2 chx worth smoked ham for each portion and brocolli and boursin its delish! - one wee tip if you do the boursin pasta i have found it is better to mix your cheese and milk in a small pan and warm gently before pouring over the pasta - it doesnt need to be really hot the pasta will do the rest of the job - makes it much mre saucey doing it that way rather than just mixing it all in with the pasta coldGood luck with the pepping, remember you can have anything you want, just balance it out :Dx

Edited by kateyboo, 30 August 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#11 tweetyfoo

tweetyfoo

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

The Keema Curry is amazing! Used it to entertain to many happy a guest :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users