#1 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Interests:Running / walking, reading

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

OK. This week we are going to do something slightly different. This challenge will give us the opportunity for teamwork and a little friendly rivalry.Instead of points this week, we will be earning metres and kilometers (or yards and miles if you prefer). As usual there will be 2 elements - exercise and challenges. You can choose what you want to do.Unfortunately as I've been babysitting today, the scoring isn't ready but I'll put up the full list tomorrow.You will be able to choose if you want to guess the distance you've covered while exercising or report the minutes and intensity (gentle, moderate, hard).The first team to cover 200km (124.3 miles) will be the winners.

Edited by Bookhunter, 20 September 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#2 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

Monday Challenges - these can be completed at any time during the week and can be done more than once unless specified.Plan 1 day's meals in advance - 500m (3.5km for 1 week's meals)Post something that has made you laugh - 500mPost something from a magazine or an internet link. Must be something to related to healthy eating, motivation etc - 500mPost on 3 things thread - 250m

#3 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Bookhunter, sorry if im being daft but i dont understand this? We get meters instead of points for the challenges? and the winner is the first team to a certain distance - i understand this.but exercise? Is it counted like if you run 1 mile, that counts as 1 mile of distance?or are we just getting cetain distances for each 30 min exercise as usual?I.e, do we need to run/walk to get the points or does classes at the gym still count?thanks xx

#4 Summer sun 2

Summer sun 2

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

right not sure how this works but I ran 4k tonight in the gym 28.5 minutes, 100 crunches, leg weights and loose arm weights (1 hour workout total)My meal plan for tomorrow is :BreakfastYoghurt and FruitLunchSoupDinner Chicken curryWhat made me laugh: Watch Grown Ups with Adam Sandler you can't help but laugh out loud from start to finish!!!Try the link below for some sensible healthy eating advice:http://www.nhs.uk/li...5adayhome.aspx/

Edited by Summer sun 2, 20 September 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#5 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

Everything counts and it will hopefully make more sense as soon as I post the details. Don't worry about working it out, I will do that.

#6 Summer sun 2

Summer sun 2

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

can't find the 3 things thread, can someone bump it if they know where it is :surrender:

#7 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've decided to just use 3 levels to make it simpler.
  • Gentle – housework, gardening, slow walking, yoga, stretching, balance games
  • Moderate – fast walking, slow running, swimming, some exercise classes (e.g. aquacise)
  • Hard – running, some exercise classes (e.g. Body Combat, spinning)
When you record your exercise this week, you can either guess the distance or give the level and time e.g. you could report them you've walked 4.25km during the day or that you did 30 min fast walking (moderate) and 15 min slow walking (gentle).Here are the distances for 30 minutes.Gentle 2.5kmModerate 3kmHard 3.75kmFor this challenge, you can report all exercise, so if you do 5 minutes stretching and walk the dog for 10 min, it will soon start to add up.You don't need to calculate the distance – my spreadsheet will do that. Hope this makes more sense. Any questions let me know.

Edited by Bookhunter, 20 September 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#8 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

HmmmI did:30 mins fast(ish) walking on treadmill10 mins on x-trainer15 mins on exercise bikeplus the cool-downs = 60mins good luck working that out tho - i cant :whistle: x

#9 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:11 AM

Planned todays meals last nightBelvita -4.5yoghurt-0apple-0chickpea soup from the new boost - 5crackers -2 Sprout fritters from the new boost - 3 (ate the other half last night)Salad -0 14.5 so far! will have some snacks too! but trying to keep low check as i had a big weekend!Exercise wise Body attack last night 45mins (hard pace, very hard!!)Tonight spinning 45 mins (also hard)I'll do the other posts later xx

#10 Katie Roseanne

Katie Roseanne

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:SWIMMING, READING,COMPUTERS, FAMILY

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

yesterday- did all carpets in the house 0.45 minutes and rearrange bedroom 0.30 minsmeal for tomorrowCereal 45g 6 checksno check soup 0tuna roll with butter 12kit kat 4snack grapes- edbturkey stir fry with rice 15 checksww cheese cake 72 ryvitas with ham and scrape butter 5 checks- 49 checks 6 checks saved

#11 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

Exercise wise Body attack last night 45mins (hard pace, very hard!!)Tonight spinning 45 mins (also hard)

Your exercise is paying off - saw your latest pic in the gallery & you look GREAT :2thumbs: well done missy x

#12 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

Your exercise is paying off - saw your latest pic in the gallery & you look GREAT :2thumbs: well done missy x

Thanks shirls :D really liked that outfit, for my aunts 60th party this weekend! Was the first time I wanted to have my pic taken in about a year!! xx

#13 Katie Roseanne

Katie Roseanne

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:SWIMMING, READING,COMPUTERS, FAMILY

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

tw web sitesi village has everything including a lot abou diet exercise fashionhttp://www.ivillage.co.uk/This is a website that has lots of tools forums etc all about diet and fitnesshttp://www.sparkpeople.com/Cant find the 3 things thread cans omeone point me in the right direction ?katie

Edited by Katie Roseanne, 21 September 2010 - 09:11 AM.

#14 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

I received an email from a friend that made me laugh - some of it's too rude to print tho :surrender: So, have decided that if i get any repeatable emails, i'll post them for you all!! x

#15 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

Tuesday's challenge (this should have gone up last night). As with the others, it can be done at any time and as many times as you like. 500mThis is from Top Sante "Willpower is like a muscle:it gets stronger with use". A study suggest that making mini resoulutions and writing them down helps your willpower.For the challenge, post a mini resolution for today or tomorrow. This should be somemething small and achievable e.g. eating all your EDB. It does not have to be PEP related.Wednesday's challenge 500mSuggestionsSuggest something that you have enjoyed that other members make like and explain why. This could be a book, a DVD, an exercise class or something else.

#16 Summer sun 2

Summer sun 2

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

gentle walk with the dog tonight 30 mins

#17 Summer sun 2

Summer sun 2

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

Mini resolution for tomorrow-No carbs after 6pm - I have noticed that I tend to eat too much and end up feeling bloatedPlan for tomorrowBreakfastBanana (eb)Yoghurt (eb)LunchRyvita x 4 (5) dairylee x 2 (2) and ham x 4 (2) = 9DinnerChicken, brocolli, carrots , green beans , peas = 10Exercise plan - 5k gym 100 crunches loose weights

#18 Toomuchmummytummy

Toomuchmummytummy

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, my two toddlers, the good life!

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:43 PM

All meals for next week planned. My son made me laugh today, in my sunglasses and flip flops he dashed past me saying “sorry, running late” he is 2 ½ yrs! Been looking at my Body Composition Test from a few years back and am wondering how the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is affected by 45 checks + EBFs (says I need 1634 kcals/day or I go into starvation mode!) have posted a thread asking about this! Yesterday was housework day so I did a couple of hours of gentle activity plus a couple of hours walking to the supermarket and back and playing in the park with my kids. Also did the park again today and then swimming with them this afternoon for an hour or so. Challenge for tomorrow: weigh it all!!Enjoyable suggestion: a lovely bubbly radox bath

#19 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Your little boy sounds really cute - it's amazing how they pick up things like that.

#20 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:16 PM

Yesterdays challenge - try and relax a bit - went to sauna and steam roomToday - something to enjoy, hmmm im really enjoying the steig larsson books, im reading the second one at the mo and got the 3rd for my holidays in oct!! xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users