#1 Flick

Flick

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts
  • Interests:Family, Football & Fitness

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:17 PM

Same principles and 2009 & 2010.Pledge your exercise plans and let us know what you are up to exercisewise.Good luck to everyone in 2011.Laura x x x

#2 Gill2005

Gill2005

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,463 posts
  • Interests:Eating, drinking and watching teletubbies.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Well as much as I don't really like exercise that much.. Well, actually that isn't quite accurate. When I'm doing any form of exercise whether it be running, walking, gym or classes.. I enjoy it when I'm there and do feel good afterward.. It's getting me there in the first place!I have ran a few times over the past 2/3 weeks but not as much as I should have with the ice/snow etc.. The treadmill bores me and makes me very nervous about what I have ahead of me.. Outdoor running doesn't make me feel that way so I enjoy that far more.. Esp since I got my new Garmin! I think the key for me is to have a timetable so I can make 'appointments' for the gym/going out a run and not just wake up and think 'right, what will I do today?' because that question often leads to Jeremy Kyle and a duvet after the school run!!!!! :wub: Gy,m timetable isn't out yet but comes out Friday so will grab one then and plan ahead!!

#3 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

I want to get walking to and from work again (30mins each way) and also do more on the wii on the "rubbish weather" daysI'd also like to get back on the bike again, when the weather improves good luck ladies x

#4 shoe

shoe

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Oh fab! I have already made a few online class bookings for 2011 so far, will make some more tomorrow as the timetable becomes available ;) I also can't just wake up and figure out what to do or JK will defo win... :whistle:

#5 Gill2005

Gill2005

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,463 posts
  • Interests:Eating, drinking and watching teletubbies.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

Oh fab! I have already made a few online class bookings for 2011 so far, will make some more tomorrow as the timetable becomes available ;) I also can't just wake up and figure out what to do or JK will defo win... :whistle:

Well I am hoping that's where I have gone wrong this year.... JK on series link will have to do!!

#6 shoe

shoe

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Thank goodness for telly on demand also!! ;)

#7 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

I think the key for me is to have a timetable so I can make 'appointments' for the gym/going out a run and not just wake up and think 'right, what will I do today?' because that question often leads to Jeremy Kyle and a duvet after the school run!!!!! :wub:

Nowt wrong wi' that, lol :lol: x

#8 Ruthy

Ruthy

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:42 PM

Congratulations Flick!!!I haven't been on the forum so I didn't realise! Well Done You!!! xxxOn the excersising front - I don't have a gym membership - don't like gyms too much!I am walking the dog lots and trying to go longer though this weather doesn't help!!-Every day!I start running next month - SO EXCITED!!Twice a week!I think I will go to zumba - Once a week!I have a great dvd called pilates for dummies....Its fabby!- once a weekGo on the bike once weather improves.And the wii!so I have plenty to do!!

#9 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

I am just goin to try my best to get to at least 6 fitness classes per week - trying to go mon - fri each week so long as I have nothing else like working evenings etc.I am quite happy to stick with this at the present but once I get a few more stone off I wouldn't mind trying to run a 5k but at the moment I am carrying too much excess weight and find running can be a bit painful with my wobbly bits wobbling like jelly :whistle:

#10 Anita

Anita

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

If you can do 6 fitness classes a week you could run a 10k, nevermind a 5k. I felt the same way this time last year and ran 2 10k's this year with no where near as much training as 6 classes per week, 2 if i was lucky! I waited til I had lost 5 stone before i got into exercise but my body would have adjusted much better to the weight loss if the exercise had been consistent. You can do it Claire! x

#11 Anita

Anita

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

I read the forum this morning and it inspired me to head out for a 25 min road run. Feeling great and going shopping with that little bit more confidence. I love the inspiration you guys pass on! Its great to see others getting into exercise, i find at my classes people are more focused on solely the food intake but I think its exercise that makes you feel like a new person! x

#12 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

If you can do 6 fitness classes a week you could run a 10k, nevermind a 5k. I felt the same way this time last year and ran 2 10k's this year with no where near as much training as 6 classes per week, 2 if i was lucky! I waited til I had lost 5 stone before i got into exercise but my body would have adjusted much better to the weight loss if the exercise had been consistent. You can do it Claire! x

I still struggle with my classes I think I'd need to get back into my routine properly to even attempt it!! i lost 1 stone then got into exercise but just feel with running I defo need to loose another few at least before I'd feel comfortable - my wobbly bits tend to start hurting me if I run too much :shucks:

#13 Flick

Flick

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Pheww was at Spin today and boy it was the Mother of all spin classes- enojyed it though...Back again tomorrow for more spin then either Pump or Spin on Friday.Gym is open on New years day so I have booked in for Spin on the 1st and Body Pump on the 2nd.Laura x x x

#14 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

That's dedication for you :2thumbs: x

#15 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:25 PM

my plan of any classes has been non exsitant I've been busy every single night!!Booked into Combat and Attack for next Tues, then I'm working wed thurs which is a blessing in disguise as I can see it being a sore one those days!Then going to try and get booked into combat and tums bums for Friday evening - hoepfully its not fully booked as I can't book it until the centre opens next Wed!

#16 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

:2thumbs: Good Morning all, great to see everyone buzzing and motivated :2thumbs: I am so tired today got to bed at 2.30am then up at 6.45am :mellow: so no energy at all .Got a vfit compact multigym yesterday and hubby built it up for me , organised it so i have the multigym, treadmil and rowing machine in the one room. so i am planning to do the treadmill, gym and rowing machine at least 4 times a week and the wii fit 2 - 3 times a week :2thumbs:

#17 shoe

shoe

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

Morning!Well done on your run Anita :) weebarrell, ooh a home gym, very nice!Looks like everyone's plans for the next week are coming together. Here's my plan so far:Monday - Cycle Rock, Body PumpTuesday - Body Attack, Body PumpWednesday - runThursday - Spin

#18 Flick

Flick

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:31 AM

Whats Cycle Rock?- It sounds interesting. Laura x x x

#19 shoe

shoe

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,127 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

Whats Cycle Rock?- It sounds interesting.[/color]

It's spin but all to rock music, something a bit different to the normal spin class music ;) x

Edited by shoe, 30 December 2010 - 10:44 AM.

#20 Anita

Anita

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

You need to feel comfortable with whatever you do so thats fair enough. Im feeling more wobbly bits than normal after the indulgence of xmas so trying to get out doing some short runs in ek if you do feel up for it in the future! x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users