How Does Ss Differ To Weight Watchers

8 replies to this topic

#1 jaine

jaine

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:my dogs - work too hard to have hobbies!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

I've always been a fan of WW but (like many others according to the WW forum) I'm finding I am not losing weight on the new plan so am thinking of joining SS either online or going to class. The tour of the online package doesn't really show you what it's like so i was wondering if anyone could give me more info.

#2 Emmjay1

Emmjay1

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:05 PM

What do you want to know? How to lose weight?

#3 dianedry

dianedry

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,056 posts
  • Interests:Reading ,gym,spending time with my family.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

With SS we count checks,1 check=25cals.We don't need to take account of fat but its a good idea to keep an eye on the amount of fat you consume .We also get a daily fruit allowance-2 pieces,or 1 of its a banana for example.Calcium is also allowed for so we get bone builders as part of our allowance ,I usually have a l/f yoghurt or milk in my porridge.Most veg is free.The amount of checks you are allowed depends on your weight.Hope this has helped,its a long time since I have done WW so can't really comment on their new points system.xx

#4 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:52 PM

SS is far more straight forward in my opinion. You don't need calculators to work out points etc you just go by the calories so its very straight forward :)

#5 Sandieg

Sandieg

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Interests:Sewing, knitting, crochet, naalbidinding, trollen, viking re-enactment

Posted 12 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

I much prefer SS, you can easily count the checks if you pick up something you want to try.Recipes are fab and I personally find that going to SS classes is far better than WW (where we were told if we had eaten our daily allowance by 6 pm we should go to bed - and I was actually laughed at by the class manager when I suggested eating stuff like carrots or raw veg) :angry:

#6 LaLaLisa...*

LaLaLisa...*

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

SS is a million times better than WW! I've tried every diet under the sun Cambridge, Atkins, Soup, Weight Watchers & Slimming World and SS is the only one i've ever managed to stick to basically because the check system is unbelievably straight forward and you can eat WHATEVER you want as long as you count it in. Its a plan for life as opposed to a quick fix diet!. I actually enjoy following the SS PEP plan!

#7 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

i prefer ss to ww although i am struggling at the moment, thats nothing to do with ss just me being a prat and giving in to temptation :whistle: ssis so much easier and you can tell at a glance how many checks your meal/ snack is just by looking at the calories on the packet as 25 cals equal i check :2thumbs: Good luck :2thumbs:

#8 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

i prefer ss to ww although i am struggling at the moment, thats nothing to do with ss just me being a prat and giving in to temptation :whistle:

Lol, coulda written that myself :p Totally agree with all of the above comments tho - good luck if you decide to join us xx

#9 Your Hostess

Your Hostess

Positive Plus

• Administrators
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hi there - you have had some good answers there! I have sent you a message to explain more but if you have any other questions please get in touch!Best wishesYH

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users