#1 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Walking, Aquafit, spending time with friends and family

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hi there,I am just new to this, I am planning on joining my SS class tomorrow lunchtime, a bit nervous as I have been dieting myself for nearly a year now, so far I have managed to lose 3stone but feel I have hit a wall and cant get past it and its really annoying me so I have decided to give the class ago and hope it works for me.Any advice and stories would be grately apprecaited!Aly

#2 LaLaLisa...*

LaLaLisa...*

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Hi Aly! Well done on your loss so far :2thumbs: fantastic! Scottish Slimmers is a great organisation, very friendly and on here you'll get loads of support from the other members! we're all in the same boat, so we know exactly how hard it is but also how worthwhile it will be in the long run! I don't know if you know about the eating plan we follow with Scottish Slimmers, if not its called PEP (Positive Eating Plan) it allocates you "checks" (each check is worth 25 calories) based on your starting weight. You also get every day bonuses and unlimited amounts of veg. It's really straightforward! and you can't really go wrong if your following the plan! You'll pick up various different hints and tips on here as well as recipes and friendly banter! Join in on one of the challenges in the "Friendly Challenge" bit for a wee bit of extra support. I feel posting on the forum helps keep me on the straight and narrow as i can take inspiration from other fabulous members as well as having a whole different host of people to "answer to" if i go off the rails! haha! Good Luck with your first class and the rest of your weight loss journey!Look forward to hearing your fabby weight loss after next weeks WI :) :cupid:

#3 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Thank you!Well I feel yesterday went well and got all my books to hopefully keep me right and hoping for a nice loss next week - fingers crossed, will be really nervous altho I think! :rolleyes:

#4 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:13 PM

good luck xxxxxxxx

#5 TOO FAST

TOO FAST

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:church, walking with my dog, some gardening, card crafts and bears - the soft cuddly type. you can tell them anything ha ha.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

well done on your loss so far, have a great time with SS there are lots of comments on this side with help and advice and also lets you see we all have the same ups and downs and its good to get the support. I am sure your class leader will help you along the way, enjoy your time here.

#6 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:SS (of course), reading, tv (CSI, criminal minds, law and order and real life forensic progs)<br />shopping, red wine, eating out, more red wine

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Welcome Alymac :)Youve dome amazingly well so far. Good luck with your new found PEP head :) XXXX

#7 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

Well I have just had my first weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs, which I am happy with I know alot of people can lose like 4lbs in first week but I need to remember that I have already lost a good amount so I am slowing down but I definately feel like I have my focus back - long may it continue!!!!!!!!!!See to get the wee ticker counter thing do you need to be a full member? I am just on as a visitor just now.Also wee quick question as did a weigh an go today, roughly how many checks do you manage to save a day? I feel like somedays I am saving too much but eating loads too! Thanks everyone!!! :2thumbs:

#8 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well I have just had my first weigh in and I lost 1.5lbs, which I am happy withSee to get the wee ticker counter thing do you need to be a full member? I am just on as a visitor just now.Also wee quick question as did a weigh an go today, roughly how many checks do you manage to save a day? I feel like somedays I am saving too much but eating loads too!

Well done on the loss!!You should be able to still get a ticker :butterfly: SS recommends we don't save any more than 5cx a day xx

#9 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:19 PM

Ok thanks, cos there were somedays I seemed to have saved like 10 but felt I had eaten loads! I will keep an eye on that.I will try and get a wee ticker thing up cos they look so cool! lol!!! :2thumbs: TPosted Imagehanks again!

Edited by Alymac, 04 March 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#10 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

I managed it lol!!!! :2thumbs: Posted Image

#11 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Haha :2thumbs: If you can afford it - you should sign up for e-support. You'd be able to fully join in with forum chats that way :cupid: xx

#12 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

Yeah I was thinking that, might need to wait got weddings, birthdays and christenings coming up in the next 4 to 6 weeks and i'm not organised with any of them! Second weigh in the mora not sure if i'm really looking forward to it though! Not been bad but just feel its not going to be good! O well we will see! lol Posted Image

Edited by Alymac, 09 March 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#13 Alymac

Alymac

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:20 PM

I did it Shirls! Got 3 months for a tenner!How can you get your ticker to come up automatically or have you got to copy and paste it all the time lol!

#14 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:40 PM

:2thumbs: you need to copy and paste it into your "signature" box xx

#15 TOO FAST

TOO FAST

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Interests:church, walking with my dog, some gardening, card crafts and bears - the soft cuddly type. you can tell them anything ha ha.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

well done on your weight loss

#16 nickkhun23

nickkhun23

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hello guys. I am Nick. Just joined on the request of a friend. I look forward to getting to know you all soon...

Edited by nickkhun23, 10 May 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#17 Your Hostess

Your Hostess

Positive Plus

• Administrators
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

Well done! I have sent you a message to tell you more about how Scottish Slimmers can help you.Good luckYH

#18 wend-e-kins

wend-e-kins

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi, I'm new to this side of SS as well, having previously been a dietline member. Sadly, that option isn't available at the moment so i decided to join on line instead. I lost stone and half with a different company start of last year but prefer SS to anything my problembeing that I live in Devon so have no opportunity to join a group, which is why i likeddietline, anyway, i'd love to have someone to chat with and compare notes with on therest of my 'diet journey' and beyond. I like the Booster plan and am trying that out at moment. :surrender: I do need help as we all do, but I am determined to get to my goal, whichsadly is another 3 stone ish. Hope you got on well at groupbest wishes wendy

#19 kashmere

kashmere

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, cooking, animals, spiritual/new age stuff.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Welcome Wendy. I used to use the Dietline service as well then life got in the way. Have been back about 7 weeks now and found it easy to slip back into the checks routine.

#20 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:37 PM

welcome Wendy xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users