257 replies to this topic

#1 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:24 PM

London marathon today - I'd love to do one some day! But mainly I just need to start exercising again! Started today with a pathetic 1.4 mile run! But it's a start! Anyone wanna join in!? I'm aiming for 3/4 times a week need to get started properly!! Xx

#2 Avy

Avy

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

Me Suz. I'm really strugigng healthy eating but I do allways manage my exercise!!I aim to go at least twice a week!!!

#3 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:23 PM

ahhh good timing the kids got me a lime green running top for mothers dayi want to try and run round the park with my wee doggy in the mornings before worki can do a 45 min spin so reckon i can run?

#4 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts
  • Interests:Running / walking, reading

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:44 PM

I can't wait to get going again. My 40 minutes daily walking is really helping. I want to start back exercising regularly even if it's just 10 min. I might try the gym on Wednesday but no running yet. I am aiming to be walking 3.5km before I start.I've just checked and this year the Bradford run is a half-marathon on 2nd October. I might not be able to be ready for that but I want to run the first full marathon (which I expect will be after the lake is finished).

#5 Marina

Marina

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:30 PM

Me - im planning on properly getting back onto the wagon again tomorrow. I prefer running on the treadmill but might go outside seeing as the weather is nice. Had been thinking about following this plan: http://www.running4w...10/04/5kBeg.pdf

#6 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hey good to see you all on board! Id prefer treadmill too but it's so far away to go to the gym! Lol And my car is stuck in the drive so running round the block it is! Then I'll get my bike out! Hopefully once my bf cleans out our tiny cupboard I can get my bike in! Planning on running tomorrow evening! Hope I can stay motivated xx

#7 Marina

Marina

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

I am planning on making the most of the sunshine and my annual leave and am going to go on a nice walk (haven't decided where yet) and then going to the gym later. Did a 5 mile walk at Glen Doll yesterday - was lovely :)

#8 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:18 AM

Yeah count me in i have the treadmill in the house and just started back using it , alos started walking in the evenings :2thumbs:

#9 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

I'm aching today! My legs and tummy! Which means it's working Yey! Gonna do the wii tonight some yoga type stretches and then I'll go for another job on wednesday! How u all doing!? Xx

#10 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:59 PM

well done ladies xx

#11 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

I am going on Step to the beat tonight - it's going back tomorrow.

#12 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

How was step to the beat bookhunter!? That sounds fun!! Is it a wii game!? It was chucking down here and I was gonna do wii too but when I got home it wasn't raining anymore so I was good! I went for a run around the block! Just a little one! A mile in 11 mins- chuffed with that! Legs sore from Monday and can feel my shins a lot! Was going to go further but I don't want to injure myself so I'm happy with round the block! Theres a few inclines there that you don't notice in the car too!! Eek!! My initial plan is to do 2/3 during the week around the 1/2 miles and then to do a longer 2/3 mile at the weekend depending on fitness levels! Haha Hows everyone else getting on!? Xx

#13 Marina

Marina

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Fantastic! I ran a mile and a half on the treadmill today. Ended up spending more time on the bike because come dine with me was on the tv screen.

#14 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:26 PM

Yeah that's what do at the gym! If there's a tv it makes me cycle longer haha! Sounds like u did a good work out :) well doneXx

#15 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yes, Step to the beat is on the Wii. Hope I can get ny own copy soon - Amazon have sold out so the only ones left are ridiculously expensive.Off to gym tomorrow. I'll get home really late though. I hate working 8 hours.

#16 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 07:36 AM

Hey :) Step to the beat sounds good! Haha id love to work 8 hours, my usual is 10 excluding any disasters! Lol and then it takes me a while to get home! Hope u have a good day anyway zx

#17 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

:2thumbs: Good Morning all , well i managed a 2 mile run on teh treadmill last night in just under 24 mins and another 2 mile run on it again this morning :2thumbs:

#18 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Well done u! I'm planning on doing the treadmill tomorrow hopefully it'll be easier on my shins! Xx

#19 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:49 AM

Oops I keep thinking tomorrow is Friday! I'm planning on running on Friday haha xx

#20 Bookhunter

Bookhunter

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

I managed to calculate the half-marathon speed I need to aim for if I'm going to do it in under 2 hrs 30 (which is quite long enough). The plan involes walking for 3 minutes and running for 1. There are a few options but I think I'd prefer fast running and slower walking but I have 9 weeks to get back into it before deciding if I'm doing it and if I should run or just walk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users