Photo

Make Some Space On The Couch - Room Here For A Guy?

14 replies to this topic

#1 ReturnToSlender

ReturnToSlender

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hey there,Just registered and after having a good nosey round have a few questions.OK, top of this page I see a photo of Steven who's lost over 9st but what I don't see when looking through the forum is any males posting. Is that because they're the shy, retiring types or are there few and far between?I'm in absoluely no doubt that this eating plan will work and weight loss is possible but is it as suitable for us handsome guys as it is for you lovely ladies?I'm thinking of joining online (No classes locally and work committments make this preferable). I like the look of the 3 month option -- call me cynical, but I'm concerened that I'll sign up and then have to shell out more for vital information. Do I get everything I need online or is there extra to pay?Cheers, John

#2 x Nichola x

x Nichola x

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Photography, card making, swimming, movies, music and most of all cooking :-)

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Welcome! :)We just had a new guy join last night and he's regularly posting so not just us lovely ladies. It works for guys just as it does for ladies, only guys get more checks cos they need to take in more :)I done the 3 month option for a tenner which gives you access to all areas of the forum. Not too sure about the other options but somebody else should be able to give you more info on that.Its worth joining though, the forum is great for motivation :2thumbs:

#3 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

John, welcome, there is certainly room for a guy here.I too have done the 3 month option and there is nothing else you need to do. It gives you access to all the eating plans - there is even one just for men because you get a bigger allowance than us women.Feel free to post because we are all in the same boat and we all need support.Good luck x

#4 Safaa

Safaa

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

hi John, welcome to the Forum and to SS :2thumbs: I do believe that you get all the info on line, and with help in here you cant fail, and as you say it will work :2thumbs: we havent got so many guys in here because i think its not the done thing for guys to admit their weight probs at times, but we had guys in the past coming to the forum, and one of them slimshady has become a class manager, and just joint recently Martin, who has been with the SS before and lost weight, so what i would say the more the merrier :2thumbs: good luck and all the best :2thumbs:

#5 bigmaz

bigmaz

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Hey there,Just registered and after having a good nosey round have a few questions.OK, top of this page I see a photo of Steven who's lost over 9st but what I don't see when looking through the forum is any males posting. Is that because they're the shy, retiring types or are there few and far between?I'm in absoluely no doubt that this eating plan will work and weight loss is possible but is it as suitable for us handsome guys as it is for you lovely ladies?I'm thinking of joining online (No classes locally and work committments make this preferable). I like the look of the 3 month option -- call me cynical, but I'm concerened that I'll sign up and then have to shell out more for vital information. Do I get everything I need online or is there extra to pay?Cheers, John

You obv havent read the threads very well, I introduced myself yesterday :) us fat guys will take over the site soon, lol!!I would recommend SS, I done it before, and lost 2 stone, but due to my lack of will power, i gave up for a year, so back on it again, and got myself signed up to this forum this time, so hopefully they will all help me loose more :) good luck mate!! The good thing about SS is that u can eat well, and still loose the beer gut :)

#6 Safaa

Safaa

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

us fat guys will take over the site soon, lol!!(quoting Martin)You can try Martin, no chance mate :lol:

#7 Your Hostess

Your Hostess

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:03 AM

What a Friday treat to meet a few new men!! There is more than enough room on the couch!Welcome!YH

#8 deniseg

deniseg

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Interests:Gym, spending time with family, Stock car racing

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hey John, welcome to the forum. Good to see another guy on here not afraid to post in the forums :)Look forward to speaking to you over the next few weeks/months and helping each other along our journeys.Happy pepping :)

#9 kashmere

kashmere

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, cooking, animals, spiritual/new age stuff.

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Hi John,Come and join us in the chaos.All the eating plans are online, the only extra I would recommend is that you buy a Check Book which is around 5 saves you doing lots of mental maths when eating out or shopping.I also find the Daily Checker book makes me more focused and is much more convenient than the daily sheets you can print off.

#10 ReturnToSlender

ReturnToSlender

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

You very often post on a forum and wait days for a sensible answer yet here we are with 8 posts within an hour - thank you, appreciated.Decided to plump for the 3 month online option. Haven't got a target weight yet but reckon I need to lose about 3 - 4stone.Cheers, John

#11 tigger2

tigger2

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

You can't always be guaranteed a sensible answer!!Welcome to you :2thumbs:

#12 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:25 AM

Welcome aboard!! Wish i could get my fiance to have as much enthusiasm as you guys! hehe its nice to have some new peeps around tho :D xx

#13 losergirl

losergirl

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

Doesnt matter if you are a lovely lady or a handsome bloke, what we have in common is that we're trying to do something about our excess pounds so welcome aboard! There's all sorts of folk here day or night which is great so you can log on whenever suits you and there's always something to read! Oh yeah...good luck with that hoping for sensible answers thing!!! :lol:

#14 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hello and welcome :2thumbs:

#15 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect