• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:walking my two dogs Honey and Storm, reading and watching tv and spending time with husband and our son aged 16.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

The last two nights I have had the most delicious meals - it's amazing how everything tastes so much more delicious when you have a renewed energy :2thumbs: Last night I had the Morrococan Honeyed Chicken at 8 checks and tonight I had the ravioli and pesto (12) checks. I've had this one before and sometimes add feta cheese and it is lovely. :lipsmacking: They're out the same bookWhat has everyone else had for tea?

#2 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

Hello :) Never heard of either of those recipes!?which book are they from? Love the sounds of the honey chicken mmmm I had gammon, Chips and veg! Not very exciting haha Xx

#3 fluffycloud

fluffycloud

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

Ditto sue. The moroccan honeyed chicken...yum...What book is that in??

#4 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

Tonight I had the duck in piquant mango sauce. It was gorgeous :lipsmacking:

#5 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Interests:walking my two dogs Honey and Storm, reading and watching tv and spending time with husband and our son aged 16.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

mmm the duck sounds fine :lipsmacking: Both recipes are in the Simply Delicious book and there are a few recipes in there that I likex

#6 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:SS (of course), reading, tv (CSI, criminal minds, law and order and real life forensic progs)<br />shopping, red wine, eating out, more red wine

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

I've tried the Moroccan Honeyed chicken too, its really yummy :lipsmacking: I got it from a big SS wall chart Ive had for ages ( the one with Cameron Stout & Suzie MaGuire I think on it )

#7 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Hmm I don't have that book! Anyone fancy posting the recipe? Xx

#8 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:SS (of course), reading, tv (CSI, criminal minds, law and order and real life forensic progs)<br />shopping, red wine, eating out, more red wine

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Moroccan Honeyed Chicken ------ SERVES 2Spray pan with oil and heat, cook 2 skinless chicken breasts for a few mins each side. Stir in a chopped onion.400g fresh chopped tomatoes, pinch ginger and allspice & 1 teaspoon cinnamon.Cover pan and cook gently for 15 - 20 mins checking occasionally until chicken cooked and tomatoes reduced.Stir in 1 tablespoon of runny honey & season to taste.Garnish with chopped coriander, 2 teaspoon of flaked almonds and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.Serve each person with half the chicken accompanied by couscous.Unfortunately the sheet I have you choose it as a main meal so it doesnt say how many checks it is. I count about 16 to b sure.Audz will be able to tell us if this is the same recipe she used ? :)

#9 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

I had cheese on toast - ungrilled as my grill disnae work.....no' quite the same, but that's what i fancied! xx

#10 leighj

leighj

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

i made teriyaki pork steaks with noodles, they were yummy! got the recipe from the new boost mag

#11 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

Hi Ticoyes it's the same recipe and reading it again is making me want to eat it more so guess what's for tomorrow's tea :lipsmacking: It is only 8 checks for the recipe and it serves two. Oh and I used beef tomatoes not tinned. Add more checks for rice, etc. :2thumbs: x

Edited by Audz x, 30 August 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#12 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Well tonight I have made the Morroccan Honey CHicken again with 1/2 bag of tilda microwavable rice for 15 checks with birds eye steamfresh veg :lipsmacking: Hope it tastes as delicious as the first time round!x

#13 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hope you enjoyed it Audz :lipsmacking: Its really lovely and I'll be making it again soon myself. At least I actually know how many checks it is, then I'll add on chx for whatever I have with it :) xx

#14 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

I am having pep chilli con carne tomorrow - one of my faves :lipsmacking: xx

#15 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:33 PM

I think I'm going to make the ravioli and pesto again for tomorrow. I bought some low fat feta so will add that in with two teasponns of pine nuts for extra checks :lipsmacking: Two meals the same in the same week but it's so much easier this way when on nightshift! :lol: x

#16 kirstie23

kirstie23

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

I love the moroccan honeyed chicken. I think it's less than 16. I will checK. it's from my fav recipe book! I had the macoroni mince bake from the boost mag last night.. again for lunch today... ultimate comfort food!

#17 fluffycloud

fluffycloud

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

I can't see that recipe book online. Do they not do it anymore? xx

#18 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hi AngelaNope it doesn't appear to be there :confused: but ooh a 'festive' book. Think I'll buy that :lipsmacking: You could give them a phone and ask.It's called Strictly Delicious not Simply Delicious as I've been calling it - oops :whistle: x

#19 Audz x

Audz x

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Last nightshift this week :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Am having the ravioli and pesto for tonights tea out of the Strictly Delicious book with feta and pine nuts as extra. It is delicious and is served with roasted veg :lipsmacking: Don't know what's on the menu for tomorrow but I do know it will involve a glass of wine..or two :lol: as it's a weekend off for me.x

#20 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

enjoy Audz xx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users