• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:29 PM

‘Twas the week before Christmas and all through the classPositivity was buzzing, right to the last.... :lol: Hello everyone! This class is 12lbs lighter than it was last week! Congratulations!! :2thumbs: Have you all finished your Christmas shopping? Gifts all wrapped? Christmas dinner planned? :rolleyes: I wonder what's on your Christmas Day menu? If you are chef, that's great as you can serve no check soup to start - Roasted Red Pepper (PEP Complete) is delicious and a gorgeous colour. If you would like to jazz it up, you could add a dollop of half fat creme fraiche and sprinkle a little fresh parsley on top. It is so tasty! If you are having a traditional Roast Turkey Dinner, that won't run away with too many checks if you make a couple of nips and tucks to the products that you buy and to cooking methods. 100g roast turkey (no skin) is 6 checks, 200g dry roasted potatoes, 6 checks, 2 low fat cocktail sausages, 3 checks, 2 stuffing balls - 4 checks, gravy - 2 checks and of course lovely no check brussels sprouts and carrots :lipsmacking: (no blob of butter just because it's Christmas!). :depressed: I make that 21 checks which is brilliant! What's for dessert? Are you going traditional with Christmas pudding, trifle??? Let me know and I will try and give you some lower fat/check ideas. I think the secret of not going overboard on Christmas day is not to start snacking on crisps, nuts, dates, chocs, mince pies, cake.......etc and save yourself for a really special Christmas Dinner. :lipsmacking: I'm sure that we all know that uncomfortable feeling when we overload our stomachs with all kinds of food that we don't normally eat :puke: , so the easy answer, is.... don't do it! When we have been used to eating low fat and smaller portions, our bodies don't respond well to a lot of rich food, so by all means have a lovely time but remember some of, is much better than none of, or too much of! :lol: Take care!

#2 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

No "usual" Christmas Dinner for us as OH is working 22nd - 25th :rolleyes: Our daughter and son-in-law are coming up on Boxing Day though :wub: I have planned what "nibbles" I am going to be making :innocent: Going to be using filo pastry filled with SS coronation chicken for vol-e-vents, also using filo to make sausage rolls/pigs in blankets stylee :2thumbs:There will be individual dishes of SF jelly and fruit, with low fat custard on top, then Elmlea poured over for trifle :lipsmacking: there will also be a couple of potato scone pizzas made and cut up :)Really pleased with myself for being soooo organised :whistle:

#3 Sarnia

Sarnia

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Wow T-Bird - the food sounds yummy!! I've discovered a problem about being slimmer - my social life has improved, so this year I'm having to budget Checks for three Christmas meals out with friends. Last year I was too embarrassed to be the biggest person in the restaurant, so made excuses not to go. Last week I went out for a three course meal and a Chinese banquet, so am really pleased to report a loss of any description this week! I'm also out for a meal tomorrow, but I'm determined that the scales will report a loss next Monday too! We're having trifle for pudding on Sunday. I'm going to make it with sugar free jelly, fruit, low fat custard and a bit of lower fat spray cream. Having read T-Bird's post, I'm going to try using filo pastry to make some spring rolls. I'd always read that you needed to brush filo pastry with butter, but will try it with spray oil instead.It's a bit of a milestone for me this week. I've now lost 3 1/2 stone and have 3 stone to go.1 lb off for me this week.A Very Happy Christmas to everyone!

#4 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

Christmas dinner is all sorted in this house. There's a choice of no check vegetable soup and salmon pate (SS style), followed by turkey and the trimmings and a choice of SS trifle of individual Christmas puddings. :lipsmacking: There will be a bit of cheese and crackers but I'll try to go easy on them and the wine A loss of 1/2 a lb this week. Only 9 and 1/2 to go with 9 and 1/2 weeks to my holiday, not cutting fine or anything :rolleyes:

#5 sneddors

sneddors

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

Hi-1lb weighed in on my own scales and double checked at boots today.x

#6 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

I used my own scales today too, and they show the same weight as the class ones did last week, so I'm going to take it as a STS :whistle:

Edited by TBird-Audrey, 21 December 2011 - 11:20 AM.

#7 simmyhx

simmyhx

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Hello ladiesHappy to report -1lb for me this week very happy with that and that makes it 1/2 stone time :2thumbs: about time!!!!

#8 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:48 PM

No "usual" Christmas Dinner for us as OH is working 22nd - 25th :rolleyes: Our daughter and son-in-law are coming up on Boxing Day though :wub: I have planned what "nibbles" I am going to be making :innocent: Going to be using filo pastry filled with SS coronation chicken for vol-e-vents, also using filo to make sausage rolls/pigs in blankets stylee :2thumbs: There will be individual dishes of SF jelly and fruit, with low fat custard on top, then Elmlea poured over for trifle :lipsmacking: there will also be a couple of potato scone pizzas made and cut up :) Really pleased with myself for being soooo organised :whistle:

That all sounds lovely! :lipsmacking: Great organising! Filo pastry is so much more slimming friendly than regular pastry and I think it's much nicer. I like the crunch! :lipsmacking: I had forgotten all about Potato Scone Pizzas and will put them on my Hogmanay menu! Well done for STS too. :D

Wow T-Bird - the food sounds yummy!! I've discovered a problem about being slimmer - my social life has improved, so this year I'm having to budget Checks for three Christmas meals out with friends. Last year I was too embarrassed to be the biggest person in the restaurant, so made excuses not to go. Last week I went out for a three course meal and a Chinese banquet, so am really pleased to report a loss of any description this week! I'm also out for a meal tomorrow, but I'm determined that the scales will report a loss next Monday too! We're having trifle for pudding on Sunday. I'm going to make it with sugar free jelly, fruit, low fat custard and a bit of lower fat spray cream. Having read T-Bird's post, I'm going to try using filo pastry to make some spring rolls. I'd always read that you needed to brush filo pastry with butter, but will try it with spray oil instead.It's a bit of a milestone for me this week. I've now lost 3 1/2 stone and have 3 stone to go.1 lb off for me this week.A Very Happy Christmas to everyone!

What a brilliant post!! You have proved that it really is possible to lose weight and have a social life too. :butterfly: This slim Christmas will be very special to you. Very well done. Oops, nearly forgot, I owe you one of these... :2thumbs:

Christmas dinner is all sorted in this house. There's a choice of no check vegetable soup and salmon pate (SS style), followed by turkey and the trimmings and a choice of SS trifle of individual Christmas puddings. :lipsmacking: There will be a bit of cheese and crackers but I'll try to go easy on them and the wine A loss of 1/2 a lb this week. Only 9 and 1/2 to go with 9 and 1/2 weeks to my holiday, not cutting fine or anything :rolleyes:

Sounds lovely to me! :lipsmacking: You are right to be a bit cautious over the cheese and crackers :surrender: however some of, is much better than none of! Great to hear your weight loss and how lovely to have a holiday looming in only 9.5 weeks! Aim to be as near your target as possible by your departure date, and you never know, it just might be a target weight holiday for you!! I will have to polish my target bell if I am to be ringing it soon!

Hi-1lb weighed in on my own scales and double checked at boots today.x

Great news! You are obviously coping well with the Festive stuff! Well done to you!

Hello ladiesHappy to report -1lb for me this week very happy with that and that makes it 1/2 stone time :2thumbs: about time!!!!

Yay!!! Fantastic! You are the proud owner of a lovely half stone sticker :2thumbs: !

#9 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hello everyone.I hope that you are all coping with the Christmas preparation frenzy :rolleyes: I have just done what I expected to be my final food shop but alas, two of my nearby supermarkets were out of brussels sprouts and one of them out of carrots as well!! I guess all you SS pepole got there before me and snapped up all the no check veg :lol: I think I will have to get up very early in the morning to beat the crowds. stare: How are all your plans going?

#10 suzan

suzan

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

weighed in my own scales this morning and 2.5 pounds off :2thumbs: totally chuffed as this takes my total to 3 stones lost since september!! taking Christmas day off the PEP but straight back on it on boxing day!! :innocent: Have a brilliant Christmas everyone xxxxxx :hug:

#11 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

weighed in my own scales this morning and 2.5 pounds off :2thumbs: totally chuffed as this takes my total to 3 stones lost since september!! taking Christmas day off the PEP but straight back on it on boxing day!! :innocent: Have a brilliant Christmas everyone xxxxxx :hug:

Wow!!! What a result! That's the most amazing Christmas gift that you have given yourself! Many congratulations! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

#12 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

I would just like to wish you all a very happy Christmas :hug:

#13 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip