171 replies to this topic

#81 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

can I join in this one........i was reading the chat about the heart rate monitors - i've got one of these. Its a Polar FT4 with chest strap and about 60 off amazon. It has made a massive difference to the way I do exercise! I did buy a cheap one off amazon which was just a watch with a pulse rate monitor on and it was rubbish.......whatever you do, get one with a chest strap they are far more accurate!anyway, this weeks exercise:Sunday - ran 5kmmonday - rest daytuesday - ran 5.66kmweds - swim x 30 mins (40 laps of pool)thurs - walked to school and back (40mins) and kettlefit classfriday - runsaturday - rest dayphew - its thursday and I am knackered!! lost 3lbs at class on Weds so it is paying off!! especially when i go overboard at the weekends........

#82 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Melanie how many cals do you burn roughly in a class, I am around a size 18 at the moment and was burning around 1000 cals in a combat class, I thought that seems rather excessive!!!Well next weeks plans for me...Monday - Pump & CombatTues - SpinWed - either Pilates/Pump then combat - also going to maybe brave going to the health suite afterwards for a nice sauna EEK!Thurs - Attack and Pump if I don't go on WedFri - might go to the gym for a little run on the treadmill :)Determined next week I am going to stick to going to the gym for the full week (week days at least!)

#83 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

Melanie how many cals do you burn roughly in a class, I am around a size 18 at the moment and was burning around 1000 cals in a combat class, I thought that seems rather excessive!!!

I am a 14-16, 5ft 3in and currently weigh 11st 9lbs - I burn about 400 cals in my Kettlefit class and can burn from 400-500 in an hour in the gym doing 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weights. If I do an outdoor run its about 370/380 for 30-40 mins. I do find that the machines in the gym are out by 30-50 cals (higher!) than my HRM says.

#84 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

yay ladeeezwell too sore this morning for spin, couldnt move arms!!! :depressed: but plan to spin tomorrow morning and pump sunday!we officially rock xxxand 40 lengths that is really good x

#85 Lynsey_G13

Lynsey_G13

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Darts, Singing, Reading, Cooking, Baking, Walking My Dog

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Well ladies I finally bit the bullet and joined the gym this week!! There is a ladies only gym that has recently opened up in the next street to me so there was no excuses really!!! My membership covers the 30min circuit, treadmills, bikes, rowing machines etc and the vibroplates. Classes are extra. At the moment they have advised me to leave the vibroplates for another few weeks because I had an operation in February, just incase. So I've been doing the circuit and I must say I'm loving it :2thumbs: This week:Monday: Weigh In DayTuesday: Induction at GymWednesday: Circuit at GymThursday: 30min walk up the park with the dogFriday: Circuit at GymSaturday: RestSunday: 30min walk up the park with the dogNext week:Monday: Weigh In DayTuesday: Walk/Circuit at GymWednesday: Circuit at GymThursday: Circuit at GymFriday: RestSaturday: Circuit at Gym, Walk With DogSunday: Rest

Edited by Lynsey_G13, 26 March 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#86 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

well done you xxxxxxx

#87 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I am a 14-16, 5ft 3in and currently weigh 11st 9lbs - I burn about 400 cals in my Kettlefit class and can burn from 400-500 in an hour in the gym doing 30 mins cardio and 30 mins weights. If I do an outdoor run its about 370/380 for 30-40 mins. I do find that the machines in the gym are out by 30-50 cals (higher!) than my HRM says.

Thanks for the info, mines just seems so rediculous compared to yours! It's not even like I've just started the classes I've been going for 2years so when I said that I was burning 1000 cals in my combat class I thought it was quite a bit out! Lynsey, well done on biting the bullet :)

#88 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

This weekas plans:Sunday - gardening (legs still sore!)Monday - 4.5km run Tuesday - planning a run again but got parents night so will see what time I get away from work at!Weds - restThurs - KettlefitFri - RunSat - rest!

Edited by Melanie Mc, 28 March 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#89 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

i couldnt lift my arms on friday and weekend with the body pump felt like a horse kicked me in my biceps!so apart from dog walking i had a restful weekend.i am going to a bloody body step class ( kill me now!! ) at lunchtimei dont bounce OMG

#90 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

omg its timeyikes

#91 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

i was beaming like a belisha ( SP ) beacon!omg all done thoughback to spin today x

#92 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Managed my run last night - 40 mins. Had to keep stopping and starting though as I took my 5 year old with me- he was on his bike. He's only just learned to go it without stabilisers and stills needs some help up the hills!!Still - I burned 350 cals though!Must have a rest day today as my legs are telling me "NO!!!" and i've got kettlefit tomorrow :woot:

#93 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

struggled my way through spin last night left the class and had to run to the toilet to be sick :blink:

#94 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

claire xxxe are you comming down with something? mel i was going to try kettlebells monday is it good?going to body pump today!this is what killed me last week the pain in arms friday was nuts!but remember FAT DOESNT HURT

#95 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

Skippy - Kettle classes are brilliant. Hard going but if you like body pump then you will defo like Kettles! I burn about 400 cals in a 45 min class...........I've got my Kettlefit class tonight at 6pm.Claire - hope you are okay! maybe you overdid it at spin.......Lynsey - how are you getting on at the Gym??Had a rest day yesterday and feel better for it.

Edited by Melanie Mc, 29 March 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#96 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

nope not coming down with something, felt totally fine when I got home musta just went a bit mental at the class :shucks:

#97 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

glad to hear it Claire!

#98 Lynsey_G13

Lynsey_G13

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Darts, Singing, Reading, Cooking, Baking, Walking My Dog

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Afraid I didn't make it to the gym last week :shucks: My hubby was backshift so he had the car, I walked home from work every day and ended up with sore legs. Apparently walking in flat pumps isn't good for your legs and someone suggested it sounded like I had shin splints :confused: Have made an executive decision and took the car this week so I'll be alrite to go to the gym!Monday: Weigh In Day (not looking forward to it!!)Tuesday: GymWednesday: GymThursday: GymFri-Sun: Rest, My best friend is coming up for the weekend so won't make the gym but will be out and about all weekend.

#99 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

My weeks plans.........Sunday - Cycle ride x 11.5km in an hour - 460 cals burnedMonday - Gym or a run depends on the weather!Tuesday - restWeds - run or gymThurs - KettlefitFriday - run or gymSaturday - rest

#100 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

well last weekwas body step / spin / spinthis weekmon i am no longer a kettle bells virgin! LOL claire you were right i loved ittues body stepwed spinthurs body pump / aqua zumbafriday offsat spinsun body pumpfingers toes and eyes crossed x

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users