439 replies to this topic

#161 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

yea i'm going to give up sweets and puds for lent, not religious either, but think thats my major down fall the now, especially if i'm stressed! plus with booster can't afford to go waisting checks each day on treats. Will use lent to try and kick the habbit then have a treat once a week or something like that. was thinking I could have fruit salad and yoghurt and honey, does that count as a pud, or cos its low fat and stuff am I alowed to have that?thougth please, cos that would be satisfying enough to get me through. but if it counts as a proper pud then i'll just buy a bowl of fruit and munch on that. will work quite well really, don't eat enough fruit at the min!.

#162 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hey JenniIf you use the fruit from your EDB allowance (use berries cos you can have loads as one serving! I think it is 225 grams of blueberries is one EDB serving!) and use fat free Greek yoghurt or virtually fat free any other yoghurt (weight watchers/muller light etc) then you wouldn't need to count it - a tablespoon of honey is 2.5 checks.Here is my typical Booster Day (during the week anyway!):BreakfastFat Free Greek Yoghurt - FreeBlueberries from EDBTbsp honey = 2.5 checksMorning Snack60g pot of reduced fat hummus - freeCarrot batons to dip in it - freeLunchChicken breast - free No check salad - EDBLow fat salad cream - 1.5 checksMid afternoon snackApple - EDBDinnervarious but usually about 6-8 checksEvening SnackFun size choccie bar or a couple of belvita biscuits - 4 checksTotal is usually about 15/16 checks per day so i'm still saving someThe way to cut down on the checks is to reduce bread/pasta/rice/potatoes with meals - i try to only have one serving per day and fill up on protein and veggies for other meals.Hope this helps!

#163 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

Cool, could it count as a pud in terms of lent tho, cos i'm giving up puddings and sweet things for that? or would it be ok? especially if i didn't have the honey on it?You get so much for your checks in your menu!!! I'm not as good at that, I totally ignore my EDBs, I just forget that I have them, cos I never have anything that counts in the house. I am planning out my meals just now tho and it looks like I am managing to get more for my checks, I should really get into the habbit of planning again. you just reminded me to put yoghurts on the shopping list! haha! Thanks for that!

#164 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:11 PM

Jenni - I don't think it will count as a pudding! Its too healthy........Always on my shopping list for Booster:Fruit (lots)Green Veggies (lots)Veggies for making stir fries (peppers etc)Cooked ChickenEggsHamChicken breastsLow fat hummusFat free greek yoghurtWeight watchers yoghurtBacon medallionsLow fat sausagesI always write out a plan - write down each day of the week and what to have for Bkfst, lunch and dinner on each day and I stick it on the fridge!! To keep the costs and food waste down I tend to have the same breakfast every weekday and pick 3 different lunches and alternate them through the week. Sometimes left over dinner makes next days lunch. I am struggling with exercise this week as I've hurt my back at the weekend - going to try a swim tonight after work tho and see how it goes.

#165 Katie Roseanne

Katie Roseanne

Positive Plus

• Online Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Interests:SWIMMING, READING,COMPUTERS, FAMILY

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

i have kind of fell away from my faith, too much to go into just now but i was thinking of doing something for lent as its been so long since i hvae done anything. not sure yet, maybe sweets and chocolate katie xx

#166 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Weigh in at lunchtime - 45 mins and counting......i certainly feel as though I have lost as my trousers are really loose this week! Will report back in later........... :scared:

#167 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Weigh in at lunchtime - 45 mins and counting......i certainly feel as though I have lost as my trousers are really loose this week! Will report back in later........... :scared:

GOOD LUCK!! :2thumbs:

#168 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

GOOD LUCK!! :2thumbs:

Thanks Jenni - 1.5lbs off which is what I gained last week so hopefully back on track!

#169 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Afternoon Musketeers :)OH away out for his walk, so I decided to just nip on line before baking some ss banana and chocolate chip muffins :lipsmacking: need to use up the bananas before going away on Tuesday :2thumbs:Not had a chance to read through all the posts, so hope you are all well :hug:Snap!! Melanie :lol: that's what I lost this week too :2thumbs:Normal service will resume in 2 weeks time :whistle: Not that I'm counting :lol:

#170 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hello peppers!Well I have been pep perfect since tuesday! Been really chuffed with myself, used my extra 20 checks tonight with some extra pasta and some garlic bread. and have given up sweets and chocolate for lent to see if it helps with weight loss. There wasd loads of biscuits at work and I totally resisted. Although now i'm totally getting cravings for sweety typ goodness! Must wait untill easter!Really pleased with muself, going to do just dance tomorrow and did pump on wednesday so hopeing for a loss this week. Catch up soon, have a good weekend everyone!xxx

#171 megygogs

megygogs

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts
  • Interests:reading,swimming,walking,spending time with hubby

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Sneaking back in with you all Sorry been awol Been reading the posts and you have all been doing well :2thumbs: Mel Booster seems to be certainly working for you I have not been back to class still having probs with my foot i am now getting acupuncture on it got it xrayed but nothing showed up altho i have been told so many wee bones round that part of my foot may not have shown up so not been able to do any exercise I am going to go back to class but not until i have come back from visiting my daughter but been kind of doing it of and on not gained any {on my scales} but not lost either Will try booster this week see how i get on Lovely to be back with you all and catch up with your news Lots love Meg xx

#172 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hi All!!Meg Welcom back!! Hope your foot feels better soon!3lb loss for me this week, quite chuffed, but wished it was more! But sticking to the checks and planning all my meals and sticking to the plan! so really pleased. Also managing to resist sweets and biscuits and cakes for lent. although our work is terrible for having something bad to munch on. Where is everyone?its been a bit quiet recently.Hope your all wellxxxx

#173 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

Good morning all and sorry i have been awaol, just busy with one thing and another - back on track from last week and weighed in last night - happy to report a 2lb loss :2thumbs: also got my kettlebells out and have been doing them too :innocent: Jeni - well done on the loss thats great :2thumbs: well done on resisting the sweets and cakes too, :2thumbs: Meg - welcome back, :2thumbs: been awol too but back now :2thumbs: Mel - well done on your loss, :2thumbs: keep up the good work :2thumbs: where is everyone else? :confused: so quiet just now :confused: well i start work in 3 hours and don't finish until 11.30, so going to make a cuppa then start to get ready :2thumbs: Have a good day everyone and i will catch up tomorrow :2thumbs:

#174 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Mel!! Well done on you loss!! Must have missed it before!! Sorry :butterfly:

#175 fluffycloud

fluffycloud

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi girlies, sorry not been on in ages. I havent been so good. I put on so now have 9lbs to lose. I think after getting to target it's hard to get back into it again when you put on a few. I am determined that March will be a good month though. :)

#176 megygogs

megygogs

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Well done girls on all the losses :2thumbs: Great going I have had a great day myself doing the booster as i probably mentioned last night I feel good for having such a good amazing how good you feel when sticking to the plan Now to get my foot better so i can get some exercise going Have a lovely evening everyone xx

#177 Ainey

Ainey

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Boo - it is AineySorry, been AWOL. Just plodding along. :whistle: Weighted myself in the house today and STS from last week. I was going to a class but i am going to use the online tools and weigh myself in the house (as it is cheaper!) Was at a wedding on Friday. My little girl was a bridesmaid and my special boy wore a kilt. Wasn't sure about taking him as he has autism and i wasn't sure how he would react. However he was absolutely fab :cupid: there are a couple of photos of facebook for people to see...........Oh and there is photo of me on facebook in my frock from the wedding. :)It is nice to see the usual gang posting again.Aineyxx

Edited by ainey, 29 February 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#178 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,778 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Evening Musketeers :)I'm back from seeing Billy Connelly in Manchester, he was BRILLIANT :2thumbs:I weighed myself on Tuesday morning before we left and it looked like I had a blummin good loss by using the PEP ME properly, typical :whistle: wished I could've gone to WI :lol:Hope I can manage to keep it off 'till class next Wednesday :rolleyes:

#179 megygogs

megygogs

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi all How is everyone Lovely morning in Fort William but once again cant go out walking as i'm in so much pain with both feet now felt there was an improvement on Thursday but went down hill again on Friday night so back to doc tomorrow just dont understand whats wrong Going to do my Booster again this week away to my daughters on Friday then will rejoin class when i come back Hope everyone has a nice day Will pop back later Lots love Meg xx

#180 megygogs

megygogs

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Wow cant believe how quiet Muskateers has been today hope you have all been having a lovely Sunday I had a lovely one with Gordon and my son Johnny not that i did much with the pain i'm in but at least managed to stand and cook dinner tonight Hope to see some of you back tomorrow xx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users