• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore Rock Chick that wants to be slim again. <br /><br />I have a variety of hobbies (though I don't believe looking at my bf in his uniform could be counted as one - as much as I love to do it), I do a lot of Cross Stitch which has a number of positives - it keeps my hands out of the fridge/biscuits, I get a great sense of achievement when I complete one and they make fab prezzies :)<br /><br />Also into gaming - X-box mostly, movies - not chick flicks and music.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm heading out shopping during today's lunch time. But i tend to struggle for exciting things to eat at my desk. Sandwiches are ok, but all the nice ones are too high in checks to justify them. I do soup at 8 checks a tin (really need to buy stuff to make soup) with a couple of slices of the 'little' bread (2 checks a slice) but I really want something more exciting, especially when the whether is the way it is. I've looked at Noodles and those instant rice pot things, but again for what you get they are very high in checks.Can anyone advise of anything quick and easy but tasty.

#2 Avy

Avy

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Why not your own pasta dishes just to be heated in micro or cold ones!!Filled baked potatoesWraps, BagelsToast & beans or egg etc!!

#3 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore Rock Chick that wants to be slim again. <br /><br />I have a variety of hobbies (though I don't believe looking at my bf in his uniform could be counted as one - as much as I love to do it), I do a lot of Cross Stitch which has a number of positives - it keeps my hands out of the fridge/biscuits, I get a great sense of achievement when I complete one and they make fab prezzies :)<br /><br />Also into gaming - X-box mostly, movies - not chick flicks and music.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

We have 2 toasters in the office and a microwave... and I'd honestly never considered beans on toast... may do that next week.

Edited by Lizzie1985, 10 January 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#4 fitnhealthy

fitnhealthy

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

I had this today http://www.tesco.com...s/?id=271914374This one is the pea and ham 'soup' (quite thick and substantial) but there was a few others. Was 10 checks and it was delicious and really filling! Will defo be buying more.

#5 aileen a

aileen a

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

I don't cook but luckily I have an OH that loves it, he makes extra and freezes one size portions, all sorts pasta, casseroles, curries, just heat in the microwave.I also do couscous just put in a bowl with some stock powder or follow a recipe and at work add boiling water, I usually have this with a small tin of tuna salad or vegies. Sardines on toast. I haven't tried it but there is a recipe in one of the new downloads for lunch box rice or pasta which may be more for the summer but perhaps something different.Hope this helpsAileen

#6 Jean.c

Jean.c

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,623 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

I don't like rice or cous cous and hate cold pasta. I normally just stick to wraps and fruit. I work nights, some staff heat up food but I don't think the smells very nice for patients trying to sleep.

#7 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Think I may have to do a shop, buy some little take away style boxes and claim some freezer space, if the bf doesn't come home this weekend I can cook a load of bits and have them as easy access for work. Will have to do enough for my mum to as she's rejoined SS this week

#8 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

that's a great idea - good luck xx

#9 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

what about scrambled eggs?I have soups, sometimes toast, sandwiches and salads with a cuppa soup.What about also the ww tortilla wraps (4cx each) with some ham and salad etc?

#10 lou 81

lou 81

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Square wrap pizzas are also a good lunch. I have a wee fancy for the fish finger roll in the new pep book tho.If you're doing batch cooking you get great tubs in poundland. We use them all the timex

#11 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thanks Ladies xx

#12 flippinmental1974

flippinmental1974

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

i make huge batches of home made coleslaw with 2 checks worth of mayo extra light and shredded carrots, cabbage, lettuce and chopped red onion and i microwave a jacket potato and i stuff it with the coleslaw.also i like warburtons square wraps (6 checks), they are really thick and i stuff them with free salad stuff and tuna or ham etc.i make home made humous and a massive pack of carrots and chomp away sometimes toohthjoanne

#13 Whisperwind

Whisperwind

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

I take the Heinz squeeze and stir soups - the minestrone is <3. Very easy to make - i sometimes pop a few of my snack a jacks in with it. Yummy :lipsmacking:

#14 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:56 PM

have just picked up a bag of frozen prawns, some 'crab sticks' and some 200g potatoes... going to make use of the microwave at work :lipsmacking:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users