• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

Good morning and welcome to this weeks class! It's great to have you all here supporting each other :) More fantastic news this week - you lost another whopping 64.5lbs! So far this year, 15stones 3.5lbs of you have been slimmed away! That's just amazing! I am so pleased :D Keep going!The motivation is still thankfully running high as is your wonderful support for each other, but I am aware that not everyone is finding losing weight easy just now (that's normal!!) so I have a few words of encouragement and advice for you all today. If this doesn't apply to you just now, then that's fantastic, but keep this information in your head just in case you ever need it. ( I hope that you wont!! :) )EVERYONE can lose weight - yes, you all CAN do it! Keep reminding yourself of that. It's really easy to think that you are the only person having a challenging time whether that's over a period of time or just 10 minutes. I said to you in an earlier class this year to use an event to motivate you to lose weight for and work towards being lighter by then. Accept that sometimes you may find things more difficult than others but always remember that any minute of any day is a great time to draw the line and award yourself a fresh start - don't award yourself with the rest of the day off PEPping if things went wrong!!!!! There is a lot to be said for damage limitation! Remember the reason you decided to join us at Scottish Slimmers - for all of us there was someting that made us realise that things had to change and so we made the best decision ever and joined Scottish Slimmers to change our lives for the better. Not one of us were happy with ourselves when we joined up but everyone has moved on from there and made great strides towards a happier, healthier and lighter lifestyle. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BACK THERE!!!! Use that as motivation too!!I think that it's great that you are all so good at counting up your checks spent and saved. There is no doubt that keeping a food diary is one of the most important factors in successful weight loss. It has to be done as you go throughout the day as it is so easy to forget little bits and bobs. Every lick, pick and nibble has to be recorded and counted!! Have you all got a set of food scales? Are you using them? If PEP ME says 30g of something, it means 30g, not a guesstimate! It really is important to get quantities right as in my experience, we are much more likely to over estimate than under estimate and that of course, knocks the check count off. Exercise - that's important too. We all know that we should, but be careful not to eat more just because you know that you have burned of xxxxx amount of calories! Make sure that you have a lovely filling PEP meal to enjoy once you finish. It's just too easy to grab snacky things after exercise for a quick fill up which won't help your weight loss.Instead of making up your own menus and counting the checks, eat from PEP ME. Then you can be sure that you are getting the right balance of nutrition that will give you good weight losses. I am convinced that theat's the problem for a lot of people who stay within their check total but don't get consistently good weight losses - perhaps just not getting the protein/ carbs balance right. Try it!!Never be disappointed with a STS!!!! It's much better than a weight gain! If you do have a weight gain 9 times out of 10 you will know why, so annoying as it may be, it isn't a mystery. Take it on the chin and move on. At least you know what not to do the following week! If you don't know why, then check the above.. The answer will be in amongst it!Lastly, this week I would like you all to take your measurements this week as inch loss is every bit as motivating as weight loss. As this is the last Monday in January, let's make it a date to check the measurements on the last Monday of each month. I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes.I hope that in amongst my ramblings, that each of you will find an idea that you can use. :) Onwards and downwards :lol: Have a great week and well done for just being here!CM

#2 Vicki20

Vicki20

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:08 AM

2lb off! :2thumbs:

#3 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

STS for me, but i know why! I have joined as an online member this week and printed off the PEP ME! Plus the finace is away this week so no crisps or anything in the house! So fingers crossed for a great loss this week!x

#4 Safaa

Safaa

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

:2thumbs: Good morning lovely CM and lovely people :2thumbs: Thank you CM for the talk, and i will defo keep this talk in my mind when i sts or even gain thank you :2thumbs: I am very pleased to report 2.5lbs loss yayayayayay, i am soooo happy with that with the busy week i had last week :2thumbs: I have also measured myself and i lost 1inch from bust, 1 and half inch from waist, and 1inch from hips :2thumbs: Have a great Monday everyone, i am one happy bunny :cloud9:

Edited by Safaa, 30 January 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#5 MargaretFurnace

MargaretFurnace

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Music, going to gigs, reading, writing and walking.

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hello everyone and good luck on your weight losses, very happy to report 2lbs off this week :rolleyes:

#6 twinsmummy

twinsmummy

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

1.25lbs off for me this week which I'm pleased with as I had one of those weeks where you kinda almost maybe count everything if you know what I mean :)Back to toeing the line this week!

Edited by twinsmummy, 30 January 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#7 Jillmac1

Jillmac1

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

1lb of for me this week :)

#8 Lynsey_G13

Lynsey_G13

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Darts, Singing, Reading, Cooking, Baking, Walking My Dog

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

1.5lbs off for me this week :2thumbs: Another 1.5lbs next week and I'll get my 1.5 stone sticker!! :winner:

#9 xxciaraxx

xxciaraxx

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

a pounds off for me this week! :cupid:

#10 kirsty28

kirsty28

Fresh Start

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hi,I joined yesterday - How do you join the online classes every week?Kirsty x

#11 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Welcome aboard kirsty :) Just post your results in the thread whenever your weigh in day is :)Simple as that x

#12 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

STS for me this week :depressed: really struggling to get my weight to move again. Been doing Booster and watching portions - also been counting actual calories by logging food on a website (which also helps me count checks!) and been exercising too. Within checks completely. Rarely use my 20 per day during the week and save them for the weekend, using special allowance if necessary (usually is lol!). Strange....The gym scales (manual) say 11st 12lbs and have done for weeks. The electronic ones in the changing rooms said 12st 2lbs. I am going to start using these ones each week to get my weight from now on. Either that or join a class.......... :confused:On a more positive note I have lost an inch from my waist since November, jeans are looser on waist and bum and my pants are looser too :lol: Husband says he can see i am slimmer.........

Edited by Melanie Mc, 31 January 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#13 pebbles24

pebbles24

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

I lost a pound this week, taking me to 6lbs in three weeks :2thumbs: Have to stop myself being disheartened by the 1lb loss this week and last as I know it's a slow process - and overall I've lost an average of 2lbs per week :2thumbs:

#14 crazycat30

crazycat30

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Interests:Film, music reading

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Well weighed in a day early as I can not get to class tomorrow, a STS ..... not great and I defo think I would have done better but not going to be dishartened!!! off to search for a training lan, going to run the 10K the SS are supporting in May and raise some pennies for a very worthwhile cause!!!!

#15 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

2lb off! :2thumbs:

Brilliant Vicki! That will bump up this weeks total weight loss very nicely. Well done :)

STS for me, but i know why! I have joined as an online member this week and printed off the PEP ME! Plus the finace is away this week so no crisps or anything in the house! So fingers crossed for a great loss this week!x

I'm so pleased that you now have access to PEP ME now. I'm seeing really great results from it so follow it to the letter and I know that you will do the same :) Don't you have your wedding this year?

Good morning lovely CM and lovely people :2thumbs: Thank you CM for the talk, and i will defo keep this talk in my mind when i sts or even gain thank you :2thumbs: I am very pleased to report 2.5lbs loss yayayayayay, i am soooo happy with that with the busy week i had last week :2thumbs: I have also measured myself and i lost 1inch from bust, 1 and half inch from waist, and 1inch from hips Have a great Monday everyone, i am one happy bunny :cloud9:

You are welcome! Fantastic loss and I'm really pleased that you are already measuring up. It really does give that extra bit of motivation, and we all need that! :D

Hello everyone and good luck on your weight losses, very happy to report 2lbs off this week :rolleyes:

That's really great! I am happy for you too! :)

1.25lbs off for me this week which I'm pleased with as I had one of those weeks where you kinda almost maybe count everything if you know what I mean :) Back to toeing the line this week!

It's still a good loss so a wee bit more accuracy this week should give you even more good losses! :)

1lb of for me this week :)

Super! A pound nearer your target weight :)

1.5lbs off for me this week :2thumbs: Another 1.5lbs next week and I'll get my 1.5 stone sticker!! :winner:

Excellent Lynsey! I have your 1.5 stone sticker waiting.... :)

a pounds off for me this week! :cupid:

I am so very glad to hear that! Well done!! :D

Hi,I joined yesterday - How do you join the online classes every week?Kirsty x

Hi Kirsty and welcome to our class. As Sue says, just post! Looking forward to hearing how you get on. :)

#16 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

STS for me this week :depressed: really struggling to get my weight to move again. Been doing Booster and watching portions - also been counting actual calories by logging food on a website (which also helps me count checks!) and been exercising too. Within checks completely. Rarely use my 20 per day during the week and save them for the weekend, using special allowance if necessary (usually is lol!). Strange....The gym scales (manual) say 11st 12lbs and have done for weeks. The electronic ones in the changing rooms said 12st 2lbs. I am going to start using these ones each week to get my weight from now on. Either that or join a class.......... :confused: On a more positive note I have lost an inch from my waist since November, jeans are looser on waist and bum and my pants are looser too :lol: Husband says he can see i am slimmer.........

Firstly, the last paragraph of your post is the one to focus on!! It's great news! However, I think that you are probably saving too many checks during the week and if you are spending them all at the weekend along with your 20 check allowance it's just too much all at once for your body to cope with. You need to use them more consistently throughout the week and just use your extra 20 at the weekend and no more. I am sure that will get your weight losses going again. If you have a class nearby then I recommend that you join up asap. You will get your copy of PEP ME and importantly get weighed on the same set of scales every week by your CM. This week and next week you can join a class for only 1 plus your weekly fee. There is also a saver pass on sale which is 10 weeks for 48. That brings your class fee down to 4.80 a week from 5.95. You will have 10 weeks of good weight losses to look forward to! :)

I lost a pound this week, taking me to 6lbs in three weeks :2thumbs: Have to stop myself being disheartened by the 1lb loss this week and last as I know it's a slow process - and overall I've lost an average of 2lbs per week :2thumbs:

That's great! When you go shopping pick up 1lb lard and be delighted that you have lost it. It's good to check it out in terms of a lump of fat!

Well weighed in a day early as I can not get to class tomorrow, a STS ..... not great and I defo think I would have done better but not going to be dishartened!!! off to search for a training lan, going to run the 10K the SS are supporting in May and raise some pennies for a very worthwhile cause!!!!

It's a short week for you so maybe next week it will show up so don't be disheartened, be determined! Well done for signing up for the 10k! Just think how much slimmer you will be by the time it comes along! All good! :)

#17 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

evening all happy to report a 2lb loss :2thumbs:

#18 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

evening all happy to report a 2lb loss :2thumbs:

That's great news! Delighted to hear it! :D

#19 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

Morning all, I managed to gain half a pound this week, but I know why, I fell off the plan from Friday. But I'm starting afresh today, the lunch is made and dinner is in the fridge, so here's looking at a loss next week

#20 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi Cm, wedding next year, but someone said i should be starting to dress shop this year, so i need to get a good loss before summer so i can start to actually want to try on dresses! haha :shucks:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users