11 replies to this topic

#1 Dizzydiza

Dizzydiza

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Hi I have just joined Scottish Slimmers and I have to confess I have previously been a successful Weight watcher but over the last few years I got lazy and the weight piled back on. But instead of rejoining weight watchers I decided to give Scottish Slimmers a go. I have decided to do the online version as getting to a class is not easy because of my carer commitments. I have downloaded all the plans but from my initial quick read they are all ready set meals that i would have to follow but being an extremely fussy eater I like to create my own meals. The trouble is I dont see anything on the online version that will tell me how to work out the Check value of my meal or anywhere to list what I have eaten today to keep track of my daily checks. How does this work? Help!

#2 Elliesmummy

Elliesmummy

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi and welcome! You don't have to follow the set meals, you can have whatever you fancy! 25 calories is 1 check so you can work it out like that. :) x

#3 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

welcome aboard! :butterfly: you can have any foods you wish to have, so enjoy making your own creations!!as Amy said, it's 25cals = 1 check, so really easy to convert anything to a check value!!good luck - any questions, just shout xx

#4 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:53 AM

remember your everyday bonus foods as well!!!! the info should be in the stuff you downloaded!there isn't anywhere to track what you eat on the website. some of us use myfitnesspal.com............or just a wee book.....or the weekly planner which is in your downloads too.Good luck!

#5 Dizzydiza

Dizzydiza

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thank you for your replies. It sounds like a lot of arithmetic to me :blink: Im sure some foods only give you a total calorie count so I would need to divide the total calorie count by the amount I am using then divide the answer by 25 calories to get my checks >insert Homer Simpson style scream here< Ok I am being very sad I am trying to get a partial refund cause I signed up for 3 months and I dont think I can do this. I will check out the myfitnessplan.com to see if it helps. I sooooo need to lose the weight as I havent been feeling well and I can't get sick cause I look after my poor old wee mum

Edited by Dizzydiza, 09 February 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#6 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,715 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:32 PM

Honestly, it's so easy to work out - it just sounds complicated because it's all newstick with it, you'll be glad you didand we're all here to help you work things out too remember xx

#7 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore Rock Chick that wants to be slim again. <br /><br />I have a variety of hobbies (though I don't believe looking at my bf in his uniform could be counted as one - as much as I love to do it), I do a lot of Cross Stitch which has a number of positives - it keeps my hands out of the fridge/biscuits, I get a great sense of achievement when I complete one and they make fab prezzies :)<br /><br />Also into gaming - X-box mostly, movies - not chick flicks and music.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Stick with... it works, lots of people will agree once you get your head round it you'll be fine and we're all here to help if you get stuck, just ask we are all friendly :hug: It took me ages to get my head round things but I now shop looking at calorie contents, as long as you remember that 100 Kcals is 4 checks the rest will fall into place. good luck xx

#8 Lizzie1985

Lizzie1985

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Hardcore Rock Chick that wants to be slim again. <br /><br />I have a variety of hobbies (though I don't believe looking at my bf in his uniform could be counted as one - as much as I love to do it), I do a lot of Cross Stitch which has a number of positives - it keeps my hands out of the fridge/biscuits, I get a great sense of achievement when I complete one and they make fab prezzies :)<br /><br />Also into gaming - X-box mostly, movies - not chick flicks and music.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Stick with... it works, lots of people will agree once you get your head round it you'll be fine and we're all here to help if you get stuck, just ask we are all friendly :hug: It took me ages to get my head round things but I now shop looking at calorie contents, as long as you remember that 100 Kcals is 4 checks the rest will fall into place. good luck xx

#9 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thank you for your replies. It sounds like a lot of arithmetic to me :blink: Im sure some foods only give you a total calorie count so I would need to divide the total calorie count by the amount I am using then divide the answer by 25 calories to get my checks >insert Homer Simpson style scream here< Ok I am being very sad I am trying to get a partial refund cause I signed up for 3 months and I dont think I can do this. I will check out the myfitnessplan.com to see if it helps. I sooooo need to lose the weight as I havent been feeling well and I can't get sick cause I look after my poor old wee mum

Hello and welcome to Scottish Slimmers!Out check system is really straightforward to calculate and our PEP Made Easy is just fantastic. If you want to build your own meals, then take a look at the Multi Choice option on page 55 of PEP ME where it shows you how to do it.Please give it a go and don't give up at the first hurdle! If you have checked out the rest of the website and in particular my Online Class then you will see how successful our PEP ME is. As you can see from your replies already, there are lots of amazingly supportive people on here all keen to help and encourage you. Please also join in my Online class. I will give you all the help that I can.CM

#10 Dizzydiza

Dizzydiza

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hello and welcome to Scottish Slimmers!Out check system is really straightforward to calculate and our PEP Made Easy is just fantastic. If you want to build your own meals, then take a look at the Multi Choice option on page 55 of PEP ME where it shows you how to do it.Please give it a go and don't give up at the first hurdle! If you have checked out the rest of the website and in particular my Online Class then you will see how successful our PEP ME is. As you can see from your replies already, there are lots of amazingly supportive people on here all keen to help and encourage you. Please also join in my Online class. I will give you all the help that I can.CM

Thank you for all the encouragement. There is an online class? Where do I fiind it? I joined that website myfitnesspal but so far I havent had time to check it out either. I havent had a reply yet to my email requesting a partial refund which is a bit disappointing, even a reply to say No its not possible to give a refund would be acceptable but to not get a reply is not inspiring me either. Trying to find the time to read up about all the extras is daunting and having hubby on holiday is doing my diet no favours! He has a bottom less pit and never seems to put weight on! When I was shopping today I tried to convert the calories to checks. It wasnt as difficult as I thought but its getting to know stuff like how many calories are in 100 grams of pasta and am I being too greedy at cooking that amount and how do I work out the checks for a meal that I have made myself from individual ingredients then divided it between my family. Ok I have had my moan....I will try and find the time to read the rest of the literature and hopefully by the time hubby gets back to work on Monday I will maybe get the hang of this ;)

#11 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

Thank you for all the encouragement. There is an online class? Where do I fiind it? I joined that website myfitnesspal but so far I havent had time to check it out either. I havent had a reply yet to my email requesting a partial refund which is a bit disappointing, even a reply to say No its not possible to give a refund would be acceptable but to not get a reply is not inspiring me either. Trying to find the time to read up about all the extras is daunting and having hubby on holiday is doing my diet no favours! He has a bottom less pit and never seems to put weight on! When I was shopping today I tried to convert the calories to checks. It wasnt as difficult as I thought but its getting to know stuff like how many calories are in 100 grams of pasta and am I being too greedy at cooking that amount and how do I work out the checks for a meal that I have made myself from individual ingredients then divided it between my family. Ok I have had my moan....I will try and find the time to read the rest of the literature and hopefully by the time hubby gets back to work on Monday I will maybe get the hang of this ;)

There is a 'Post Your Results In The Online Class' thread. Just click on and start posting!It takes a bit of time to learn something new, but I encourage you to persevere. After a very short time it will all fall into place. One of the great things is that PEP ME is very family friendly, and I am sure that once you have time to check out all the lovely recipes you will be able enjoy sharing our lovely meals with your family.

#12 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi, just to say that Super Hostess will be in touch with you on Monday. There seems to be a wee gremlin getting in the way of her repyling at the moment, however hopefully it will be resolved very soon. Don't worry, you haven't been forgotten or ignored :lol: CM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users