6 replies to this topic

#1 mrsjb

mrsjb

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

making the carbona dish from the pep book for my frind tomorrow night but i couldn't find creme fresh in morrisons so i bought low fat fromage frais. do you think this will work and how will that work with checks? can anyone help please x

#2 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

I am sure they can but soz i cant.......... Good luck snd enjoy xxxx

#3 shirls

shirls

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,714 posts
  • Interests:New start again, time to get serious xx

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Not sure - i always substituted creme fraiche with natural yoghurt, purely cos i don't like the taste of creme fraiche!!i'm sure it'll still taste yummy :lipsmacking: xx

#4 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:SS (of course), reading, tv (CSI, criminal minds, law and order and real life forensic progs)<br />shopping, red wine, eating out, more red wine

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

creme fraiche should b beside the cartons of cream in fridge.I love the creme fraiche rashers.I like fromage frais on chopped fruit. It might do the job but wont b "creamy" like creme fraiche is, Im sure you'll enjoy it whichever you use tho . Its prob less checks than creme fraiche, but not sure :lipsmacking:

#5 mrsjb

mrsjb

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

creme fraiche should b beside the cartons of cream in fridge.I love the creme fraiche rashers.I like fromage frais on chopped fruit. It might do the job but wont b "creamy" like creme fraiche is, Im sure you'll enjoy it whichever you use tho . Its prob less checks than creme fraiche, but not sure :lipsmacking:

Lol still don't know about checks but it was Yummy!We both really enjoyed it and defo be making it again! I put some mushroom and mixed herbs in too and made toast with garlic powder on! Delish! X

#6 tico

tico

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:SS (of course), reading, tv (CSI, criminal minds, law and order and real life forensic progs)<br />shopping, red wine, eating out, more red wine

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

Mm Mrsjb glad you enjoyed !! Its a ovely recipe the carbonara.I love your toast idea with the garlic !!!! :lipsmacking: :lipsmacking: :lipsmacking:

#7 mrsjb

mrsjb

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Mm Mrsjb glad you enjoyed !! Its a ovely recipe the carbonara.I love your toast idea with the garlic !!!! :lipsmacking: :lipsmacking: :lipsmacking:

Yeah we always do ours like that instead of buying some and having to freeze it!It goes with everything too lol x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users