• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

Good morning everyone! I hope that you had a great weekend and are revved up ready to have a PEP perfect week. Class lost a total of 29lbs last week which is not as good as I would have liked, going by your previous weeks success stories, but none the less, it is over 2 stones, so very well done to all who lost. I know that you all inspire each other so I'm looking forward to some more good news this coming week. :book: You all know what to do, and I know that you CAN do it :) Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday and the start of Lent. If you would like to enjoy the traditional 'Pancake Tuesday' thing, you will find the recipe on page 80 of PEP ME. The recipe makes 6 and they are only 2 checks each. Don't worry though, you don't have to eat them all if you don't have enough people to share them with as they freeze beautifully :D . They are really easy to make and at least you definitely know the check count as often supermarket bought pancakes don't tell you the calorie count, or give you the calorie count for 100g which means unneccessary complicated calculations :o (or worse, just ignoring the fact that you had them!! :rolleyes: )Lent goes on until Easter Saturday which is on 7th April this year. If any of you feel like following the old traditional 'give up something for Lent' idea, just think how it could improve your weight losses!! Is there anything that you would consider giving up? Biscuits, crisps, wine, chocolate........???? :whistle: Have a think about it - you have nothing to lose except more weight!! Just don't give up trying to lose weight!!!This is also National Chip week. That doesn't mean that it's compulsory to eat chips :lol: but I thought it's a good opportunuty to make sure that you know the facts about chips if you like them. I think most of us do!!To get the obvious out of the way first, 'chippy' chips :zipped: An average portion has 20 checks and 25g fat and a large portion 35 checks and 45g fat. (You wouldn't would you??? Remember you are SERIOUS about losing weight!!!)I think that frozen chips are what most of us would buy, and they are convenient. Make sure that you always buy the low fat version. The check count for oven chips does vary according to the thickness of the product. Generally speaking the thinner the chips, the more surface area they have so will have absorbed more fat. Thicker chips have less surface area so will have absorbed less fat! Your frozen chips have already been cooked in oil before they are packaged. So, athough 100g of skinny fries will look much more on your plate than 100g chunky chips, you will be consuming more fat with the skinny fries. :puke: As an alternative, have any of you tried the Courgette or Squash Chips on page 94 of PEP ME? They are both gorgeous and even better, no check! :D So, go to it good people and give yourself a great week of check counted delicious food and the big bonus of a lovely weight loss at the end of it! Springtime is on it's way!! :lol: CM

#2 princessjc

princessjc

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,629 posts
  • Interests:Love spending time with my son, goin walks, jogs playin my wii :) xx

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Good luck everyone as i only have 6lb to lose till am back at class for free am going to class every 2nd week as i dont pay for missed weeks and am trying to save money hopefully have a weight loss to report next week xx

#3 fergie

fergie

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Interests:reading crosswords and angels Also quite fancy Derek Acorah sad or what LOL Never had a message from a medium but open minded.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

due to 40th wedding anniversary 2lb gain...ouch good job it happens only every 40 years LOL :innocent:

#4 MargaretFurnace

MargaretFurnace

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Music, going to gigs, reading, writing and walking.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

Good morning everyone I hope we all have a great week. Ilb loss for me this time :)

#5 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• Online Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Hi, well i could have been better this week, brother in laws 40th at theweekend!! but will WI in tomorrow and see. Got loads of exercise lined up this week and going to plan my meals from booster and low check no check books for this week. Is the PEP ME book different from the old Pep Complete? can you buy it, cos sounds like it has come good recipies if its different. I really want to make low check pancakes this week!!Need to have a think of what to give up for lent, if anything...probably puddings and sweets. I was going to say i don't have a lot of chocolate (which is true) but I do like to have something like puddings or biccies after dinner, so that a definate thing i'm going to do, cos that will help me stick to booster!! don't normally do lent, so will see if this works. I was going to say cheese, but I think may one for that will be to make sure I only eat low fat cheese and don't tempt myself with full fat exotic ones!!

#6 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Good luck everyone as i only have 6lb to lose till am back at class for free am going to class every 2nd week as i dont pay for missed weeks and am trying to save money hopefully have a weight loss to report next week xx

That's great to hear! Not long to go now! That's a great benefit of being a Lifetime member. :D I recommend that everyone becomes a Lifetime member as soon as they reach target weight. Hopefully this year we will be hearing lots of target bells ringing!

due to 40th wedding anniversary 2lb gain...ouch good job it happens only every 40 years LOL :innocent:

Congratulations! 40 years...that's a great achievement! :cupid:

Good morning everyone I hope we all have a great week. Ilb loss for me this time :)

Great! That's this weeks class weight losses kick started! Thank you!

Hi, well i could have been better this week, brother in laws 40th at theweekend!! but will WI in tomorrow and see. Got loads of exercise lined up this week and going to plan my meals from booster and low check no check books for this week. Is the PEP ME book different from the old Pep Complete? can you buy it, cos sounds like it has come good recipies if its different. I really want to make low check pancakes this week!!Need to have a think of what to give up for lent, if anything...probably puddings and sweets. I was going to say i don't have a lot of chocolate (which is true) but I do like to have something like puddings or biccies after dinner, so that a definate thing i'm going to do, cos that will help me stick to booster!! don't normally do lent, so will see if this works. I was going to say cheese, but I think may one for that will be to make sure I only eat low fat cheese and don't tempt myself with full fat exotic ones!!

Hi Jenni.The PEP ME is bigger better and easier than PEP Complete. There are lots of new recipes as well as some old favoirites. We have added an Easy Save option which saves checks for you for your weekend down time and also lower and higher check options in each meal section. It works on exactly the same principle as PEP Complete You have to be an Online Member to be able to download PEP ME free of charge. It's not currently for sale, but if you join one of our classes then you will receive a copy on your first visit. I see that you live in Edinburgh, and there are lots of classes in that area if you would like to join. I see on the Homepage that that there is an offer for half price joining fee that you can download and print off.As far as my giving something up for Lent idea is concerned, I was suggesting it as a weight loss idea rather than a Religious one. Anything that helps is worth doing! :woot: I'm looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow after your weigh in!

#7 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Afternoon CM :)I am wiping the slate clean AGAIN. I have been having a battle with myself the past few weeks and my cravings have been winning constantly :( I really need to get myself sorted out and stop comfort eating and using my mood as an excuse to shoving crap into my gob!Anyway fresh start today diary beside me open so that if I eat anything it is written down. Hopefully next week I will report a loss :confused:

#8 bikerbabe900

bikerbabe900

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the talk CM. I had a lovely weekend away and made some good food choices this time too.... Also stayed away the wine and had a couple of bacardis with diet coke instead. Had a sneaky peak this morning and have lost 1lb since Wednesday so happy with that. I'm going to change my WI day to a Monday now as, I'm hoping, it will keep me on the straight and narrow a bit more over the weekends instead of blowing out and then trying to claw back on a Monday-Tuesday. Happy pepping everyone :)

#9 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Afternoon CM :) I am wiping the slate clean AGAIN. I have been having a battle with myself the past few weeks and my cravings have been winning constantly :( I really need to get myself sorted out and stop comfort eating and using my mood as an excuse to shoving crap into my gob!Anyway fresh start today diary beside me open so that if I eat anything it is written down. Hopefully next week I will report a loss :confused:

Hi Claire. You can have a clean slate any time you need it, but hopefully this is the time that you will be able to stay in control for long enough for you to feel the difference. Even just a few days on the straight and narrow will make you feel so much better and that will motivate you to carry on. Every time you don't give in to a craving, give yourself a huge pat on the back as you have taken a step forward in the right direction. It's a good feeling and it just gets better and better. You can do this! I will help you! :D

Thanks for the talk CM. I had a lovely weekend away and made some good food choices this time too.... Also stayed away the wine and had a couple of bacardis with diet coke instead. Had a sneaky peak this morning and have lost 1lb since Wednesday so happy with that. I'm going to change my WI day to a Monday now as, I'm hoping, it will keep me on the straight and narrow a bit more over the weekends instead of blowing out and then trying to claw back on a Monday-Tuesday. Happy pepping everyone :)

You are welcome!!What a brilliant result! It really can be done! I'm proud of you! :D

#10 Jennib26

Jennib26

Purely Positive

• Online Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi CM, thanks for that, I live in Manchester now, really should update my profile! :whistle: so unable to get to a class, will just get it stick witht he books i have for now and get it with my next subscription, will sign up for online rather than just e-support. Yea i've always thought about doing it for weight loss reasons, but never been organised enough to give anything up before!! but i reckon dropping all the pudding biccies and sweet snack will be really difficult, but that where my down fall is, I always go over checks due to indulging in nice puds or chocolat barrs. Need to kick the habbit!! Will substitute with fruit and yoghurt? is honey allowed do you think, or does that come under the sweets/chocolate pudding catagory?P.s. proper organised, planning all my meals for this week so hopefull it will be stuck too!! have completly fell out of that habit, so no wonder things haev gone a bit wobbly! stare:

#11 Vicki20

Vicki20

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

1lb off for me! :2thumbs: Well done all! :2thumbs:

#12 mrsjb

mrsjb

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:27 AM

so happy! first week and I've lost 5lbs and into the next number!had a fab week of eating too! xx

#13 Jayarrrrrr

Jayarrrrrr

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

2lb loss this week. Slightly disappointing as this was my first weigh in. Suppose sure and steady wins the race !!!

#14 kirsty28

kirsty28

Fresh Start

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

1.5lbs off - missed last weeks weigh in due to illness so this is a 2 week loss. I'm happy as i've lost a good few inches as well and finding it easy so far :2thumbs:

#15 diana

diana

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts
  • Interests:singing,acting,knitting,
    painting and drawing.
    Cats

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

I am officially a SW member now as signed up for the online 4 months plan.. My progress chart has been re started and my measurements taken( ye gods!!) I dont really like having the PEP ME on the computer but at least I have a copy .. There is something very motivating about a completely new start.

#16 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

I am officially a SW member now as signed up for the online 4 months plan.. My progress chart has been re started and my measurements taken( ye gods!!) I dont really like having the PEP ME on the computer but at least I have a copy .. There is something very motivating about a completely new start.

SW? :angry: SS? :D

#17 sneddors

sneddors

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

+3lb for me this week know why birhtday celebrations that have been going on for 2wks now, throughly enjoyed it. starting again this week and going back to class next week.

#18 diana

diana

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,836 posts
  • Interests:singing,acting,knitting,
    painting and drawing.
    Cats

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

SW? :angry: SS? :D

:shock: :lol: ..SS !!Thanks for the pancake ideas.. Ive always avoided them but not actually too high check.. Spread one with the new Philly with chocolate .. :puke: not what I expected.

#19 Safaa

Safaa

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 AM

Good morning CM and everyone.I have lost 1.5lbs, however i have been struggling this month! things at work are very unsettling, and one minute i am good the next i am down on the dumps :mellow: CM i am 10 stone 10lbs, i need to be 9st 7lbs, should i be on 40 checks now or 45 checks?? i count everything, eg fruit, yogurt, milk etc....hopefully i will get out that state of mind soon, and i keep saying to myself, i need to come here and own up as last year i didnt and the weight piled on : stare: i hate it when i am in that state of mind i need to snap out of it.anyway enough of the negative stuff today is a new day, and thinking positive, have a great day everyone :2thumbs:

Edited by Safaa, 22 February 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#20 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hi - lost 1.5lbs - not as much as I had hoped but better than nothing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users