7 replies to this topic

#1 westcoastscot

westcoastscot

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

Hi,I'm considering joining - but finding the website a little lacking in information - could anyone help please with these questions?I have arthritis - diagnosed two years ago - and I've put on a stunning 3 stones since then! I've tried the usual self-help methods to halt the rise even, and whilst this was working for a while I'm finding as my health worsens my snacking habits have too! My diet is good, but portion size an issue I know, as I went from a really active lifestyle where I could eat as much as I liked without gaining weight to a fairly slow one.So, I cook for myself and my family - one of whom has a dairy/egg allergy - and I don't really want to make two meals. Do you think its possible to follow this programme adapting for myself? we make everything from scratch, but it isn't possible to purchase lower fat soya milk or spreads, for instance. Can you give me some idea of a sample day/week? or is that not allowed?Regards,WCS

#2 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hi and welcome to scottish slimmers - here is a thread that is on most days, hope this helps [url="http://www.scottishs...hl=menu thread"

#3 westcoastscot

westcoastscot

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi and welcome to scottish slimmers - here is a thread that is on most days, hope this helps [url="http://www.scottishs...hl=menu thread"

Thanks weebarrell - that's really interesting. Have another question, on looking at this - is it doeable when you cook/bake everything from scratch? I make all bread, dinners, baking etc due to said egg/dairy allergy?

#4 rebelsue2

rebelsue2

Purely Positive

• Visitors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,582 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

HI there :)Yes once you get into your head that 25 cals = 1 check you should be able to work out the value of any reciepe?Ie. if you make bread you add all the calories and divide by the number of slices etc? And also if your making something that has "free" things in it- ie. veg then you dont have to count that at all :) Hope that helps? x

#5 sharonmacdonald

sharonmacdonald

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: like you i've decided to come back and loss weight. wishing luck on yor journey. xxx :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

#6 Nana Moon

Nana Moon

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

All the best to you both :2thumbs:

#7 hazel12

hazel12

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

hello and welcome, just wondered if you'd thought of rosmary conleys portion pots i use them all the time for portion control there great i also freeze portion sizes of my food for when i haven't time to cook something or my husband and i want to eat diffrently or to take to work. :butterfly:

#8 Your Hostess

Your Hostess

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hello!Yes you can easily follow the Positive Eating Plan when you cook everything by scratch. As for portion sizes, weigh everything to begin with and you will soon get an idea of the correct portion size.We look forward to welcoming you!Best wishesYH

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users