#1 Lynsey_G13

Lynsey_G13

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Darts, Singing, Reading, Cooking, Baking, Walking My Dog

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi ladies,Decided that to help shift some of this weight then I really should start exercising more. At the moment the most strenuous thing I do on a daily basis is climb the three flights of stairs to my 3rd/top floor flat!! :shucks: There is a ladies only gym opened up in the next street to my flat and am now thinking that I really have no excuses. I joined a gym with my husband a few years ago but didn't last long as I was too self conscious with all the posers about (men and women!) and it was always sooo busy. The ladies only gym offer a 30min circuit similar to that offered at Curves. They also have the usual gym equipment, the vibroplate things and have a range of fitness classes on each day (extra cost on top of membership).But then when I started looking into my options I noticed that our local leisure centre do aqua aerobics on a Monday night and Aqua Zumba on a Wednesday night. I've always quite fancied aqua aerobics but never had the courage to go myself. Also the video for aqua zumba looks alot of fun!! Hubby says he'd like us to start going swimming but I'm not the strongest swimmer. Was thinking he could maybe go for a swim whilst I do the class??I don't know which one would suit me better?! What do you think would be most beneficial??Would two aqua classes a week be enough exercise?! :confused: HELP! :shock: :unsure:

#2 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

i love love love my aqua swimmingsame as you monday night aqua aerobics and also zumba on thursdayyou could also maybe walk in betweenif i am being honest i tried curves and got very bored very quick!but if there is a variety on offer - why not!i am a member of a gym and also do the aqu at nights and i sleep like a logremember i said i am a member - a non practising one LOL but am building up a bit of strength in the pool to help with the gym classesyou will love it, and you dont need to be a strong swimmer to take part!

#3 Lynsey_G13

Lynsey_G13

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Darts, Singing, Reading, Cooking, Baking, Walking My Dog

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Skippy :-)

#4 Ruby

Ruby

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I walk for hour everyday its free and is fantastic for your overall well being as well as losing weight.

Edited by Ruby, 09 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#5 Melanie Mc

Melanie Mc

Positive Plus

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi lynsey I reckon either of those would be great for you to start with. They both burn off loads of cals (about 300 per half hour) and are low impact which is a good place to start. It will build up your stamina (and confidence and strength in the water) to move onto more high impact stuff outside of the pool.Mel

#6 ClaireG

ClaireG

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

try both and see which one you prefer :) great place to start as it will not put muchpressure on your joints etc :2thumbs: Let us know how you get on! x

#7 x Nichola x

x Nichola x

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Photography, card making, swimming, movies, music and most of all cooking :-)

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Love Aqua Zumba, it's so much fun! Plus if your feeling self conscious then go towards the deep end and your mostly covered up by the water :)Plus your using more energy cos the water gives more resistant.Definately recommend it!!! :2thumbs:

#8 Skippy

Skippy

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,333 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

i love them all!!!aqua is ace - we end our class on proud mary and watch us ladddeeeeez splish splash x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users