• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy Easter to you all. I hope those of you who are lucky enough to be enjoying an Easter break are having a great time. It's lovely to have a break from routine, but we can't afford to have time off from our healthy eating!! :rolleyes: We ARE losing weight! Last week this class lost another 44.5lbs! :D That's 3 stones 2.5lbs!Over the last week, it has been fantastic to welcome some new slimmers to our class. The more the merrier. Everyone can be assured of great support here. I am around frequently as you all know, and you are all so good at encouraging each other too, so it definitely is the place to be! :D This week, I want you all to remind yourselves why it is that you want to lose weight. We all have different reasons just as we all had different triggers that made us say 'ENOUGH!!! I'M READY TO LOSE WEIGHT!' We are all here because we know that we really do want to lose, but it's easy to lose sight of the reasons why. Take a couple of quiet minutes to yourself and remember how you felt just before you joined Scottish Slimmers, how you felt after your first weeks loss, your first half stone loss, your first stone, the first time you were able to buy something to wear in a smaller size, the first time someone said to you 'Wow, you are looking great, you have lost weight'.....Think of all the good bits!! Then imagine how you are going to look when you are lovely and slim having reached your target weight! I know that you are all at different stages of your weight loss journey, but everyone can join in. Any time you are tempted to go astray, bring these thoughts back into your mind. It will help you focus and make the right decisions. There is nothing more soul destroyng than having to lose weight that you have already lost, so this little exercise will help you carry on losing weight. It is actually a very happy exercise to do and you can do it as often as you like :2thumbs: It's officially British Summertime now, but I am fairly confident that we still have a bit of slimming time in hand before we are able to ditch the cozy jackets so let's 'Attack April' as I suggested last week and really focus on losing weight every week so that by the end of the month everyone is weighing less than they do now. :D Is your PEP at the ready? :book: Speak very soon!!CM

#2 MargaretFurnace

MargaretFurnace

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Music, going to gigs, reading, writing and walking.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

I hope everyone has been having a good easter and goodluck with all your weigh ins, I have managed to lose 1.5lbs this week :rolleyes:

#3 pecanpie

pecanpie

Fresh Start

• Online Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi,Hope everyone has managed to avoid chocolate over the easter weekend! I am really please to say I've lost another 3.25 pounds this week :2thumbs: - just 1.25 pounds to go to achieving a stone since beginning of March. Sometimes it feels like slow progress, but its great when weeks roll together in a combined weight loss - slightly nervous about the week ahead - I have a big celebration weekend coming up.....so trying to keep focussed on Saturday!

#4 theweebarrell

theweebarrell

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

afternoon all and well done on the losses :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I have been struggling for a few weeks so starting afresh, got my new digital food scales, heart rate monitor and pep complete at the ready, so i will record a loss next week :2thumbs:

#5 Sha

Sha

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

afternoon all and well done on the losses :2thumbs: :2thumbs: I have been struggling for a few weeks so starting afresh, got my new digital food scales, heart rate monitor and pep complete at the ready, so i will record a loss next week :2thumbs:

New to the class - just wanted to say Hi and congratulations to all who resisted all that chocolate this weekend :innocent:

#6 Safaa

Safaa

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

:2thumbs: Good Morning CM and everyone :2thumbs: I have STS this week, not surprising really I did have 2 meals out last week, so I am not disappointed with that, I have worked out its 18 weeks to my holiday, with a birthday celebration, and a wedding reception, so I could be back to my target weight by then, I will give it my best shot any how, take care everyone, and good luck for the coming week :2thumbs:

#7 bikerbabe900

bikerbabe900

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hi CM Hope you all had a great Easter weekend and isn't it miserable being back in this rotten sleety, rainy, freezing weather :depressed: I managed to avoid most of the chocolate this weekend but, inevitably, had a couple of meals out between Thursday and Sunday with a few glasses of vino too. I had been saving my checks at the start of the week so still managed to lose 1lb ....looks like it's going to be a slow process for me :confused: :rolleyes: but it's a lb in the right direction anyway :)

#8 Guest_Coventina_*

Guest_Coventina_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi all, I just joined last Tuesday. I'm not really going for a target weight, just want to get my waist measurement down a bit. But managed to lose 3lb in the last week.As for Easter... Bah humbug. stare: Well done everyone so far, though, not the easiest time of year to hold back.

Edited by Coventina, 10 April 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#9 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

I hope everyone has been having a good easter and goodluck with all your weigh ins, I have managed to lose 1.5lbs this week :rolleyes:

That's a great loss and thank you for kick starting the class losses this week in style :D

Hi,Hope everyone has managed to avoid chocolate over the easter weekend! I am really please to say I've lost another 3.25 pounds this week :2thumbs: - just 1.25 pounds to go to achieving a stone since beginning of March. Sometimes it feels like slow progress, but its great when weeks roll together in a combined weight loss - slightly nervous about the week ahead - I have a big celebration weekend coming up.....so trying to keep focussed on Saturday!

That's superb!! :D . You are dong a great job and you must be looking and feeling fantastic! I'm sure that everyone that you see during your weekend of celebrations will notice the difference! Start saving up checks NOW so that you can be a bit more relaxed and enjoy your weekend, staying in control! :woot:

afternoon all and well done on the losses :2thumbs: I have been struggling for a few weeks so starting afresh, got my new digital food scales, heart rate monitor and pep complete at the ready, so i will record a loss next week :2thumbs:

You are under starters orders!! The summer is on it's way so aim to be as slim as you can be for when it comes along. You will be so glad that you made that start this week :D

New to the class - just wanted to say Hi and congratulations to all who resisted all that chocolate this weekend :innocent:

Hello and welcome to our class! Keep us posted with your progress :D

:2thumbs: Good Morning CM and everyone :2thumbs: I have STS this week, not surprising really I did have 2 meals out last week, so I am not disappointed with that, I have worked out its 18 weeks to my holiday, with a birthday celebration, and a wedding reception, so I could be back to my target weight by then, I will give it my best shot any how, take care everyone, and good luck for the coming week

Ok Safaa, let's get moving! :D

Hi CM Hope you all had a great Easter weekend and isn't it miserable being back in this rotten sleety, rainy, freezing weather :depressed: I managed to avoid most of the chocolate this weekend but, inevitably, had a couple of meals out between Thursday and Sunday with a few glasses of vino too. I had been saving my checks at the start of the week so still managed to lose 1lb ....looks like it's going to be a slow process for me :confused: :rolleyes: but it's a lb in the right direction anyway :)

All of that and a weight loss too!! :D That's a very good outcome!

Hi all, I just joined last Tuesday. I'm not really going for a target weight, just want to get my waist measurement down a bit. But managed to lose 3lb in the last week.As for Easter... Bah humbug. stare: Well done everyone so far, though, not the easiest time of year to hold back.

Welcome to our class! That's a fantastic start, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. If you need any help, just ask! :D

#10 annief

annief

Positive Plus

• Visitors
  • PipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:41 AM

1/2 lb on for me this week and if I am totally honest, I am surprised it was not more. I did not have a good week. It was my son's 21st so we had those celebrations, but combined with Easter and my husbands love of chocolate, it was a disaster. I don't really even eat chocolate, I find it too sickly but for some reason this week I was constantly picking at it. The week only got worse yesterday when we had to put one of our dogs to sleep (our second in 6 months), which resulted in a chip shop dinner. My packed lunch is made for today, so I'm going to take it little steps at a time and I will keep Safaa on my shoulder to keep me on the straight and narrow :rolleyes:

#11 linh64

linh64

Fresh Start

• Visitors
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

Just had my first weigh in and have lost 4lb, very pleased, at last something is working for me, :2thumbs: Good luck to everyone, hope you all achieve your goals :)

Edited by linh64, 11 April 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#12 lollypop21

lollypop21

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Well done Linh64! Fab loss to get your started.Resisting the offers on Cream Eggs this week has nearly made my head explode. :lipsmacking: Glad I managed though as 0.5lb off this week beats the gain I would have had if I'd given in!!

#13 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

1/2 lb on for me this week and if I am totally honest, I am surprised it was not more. I did not have a good week. It was my son's 21st so we had those celebrations, but combined with Easter and my husbands love of chocolate, it was a disaster. I don't really even eat chocolate, I find it too sickly but for some reason this week I was constantly picking at it. The week only got worse yesterday when we had to put one of our dogs to sleep (our second in 6 months), which resulted in a chip shop dinner. My packed lunch is made for today, so I'm going to take it little steps at a time and I will keep Safaa on my shoulder to keep me on the straight and narrow :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that you have had a challenging week. I feel that you shouldn't let a small gain upset you any more than you will already be and hopefully you will feel a bit better this week and be able to lose a bit for next weigh day.x

Just had my first weigh in and have lost 4lb, very pleased, at last something is working for me, :2thumbs: Good luck to everyone, hope you all achieve your goals :)

Now that's what I call a weight loss!! Fabulous start :D

Well done Linh64! Fab loss to get your started.Resisting the offers on Cream Eggs this week has nearly made my head explode. :lipsmacking: Glad I managed though as 0.5lb off this week beats the gain I would have had if I'd given in!!

You are not alone finding Easter treats difficult to resist, but you should be proud of yourself for succeeding! A half pound off is in the right direction! Well done :D

#14 zak

zak

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, motorcycling, Jigsaws, Crosswords.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi, CM and fellow class mates. I'm TBird-Audrey's OH :wub: I decided to start when my weight reached a staggering 18st 10lbs :shock: Shocked wiz na the word :lol: With Audrey's help I decided to try to loose weight. I got down to 17st 13lbs when I decided to join on-line because of the silly shift patterns I work. This was 3 weeks ago I am now 17st 7lbs so things are working :2thumbs: I have had the odd waver when I'm on nights especially, it's just nae easy, if any more night shift workers have any hints or tips to help?

#15 Online CM

Online CM

Purely Positive

• Administrators
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi, CM and fellow class mates. I'm TBird-Audrey's OH :wub: I decided to start when my weight reached a staggering 18st 10lbs :shock: Shocked wiz na the word :lol: With Audrey's help I decided to try to loose weight. I got down to 17st 13lbs when I decided to join on-line because of the silly shift patterns I work. This was 3 weeks ago I am now 17st 7lbs so things are working :2thumbs: I have had the odd waver when I'm on nights especially, it's just nae easy, if any more night shift workers have any hints or tips to help?

Welcome to our class! It's great that you are slimming together and you are off to a flying start! :2thumbs: As far as your shifts are concerned, as long as you eat your daily checks within a 24hour period then you should lose weight. Night shift is usually the time when shift workers encounter problems. Do you have cooking facilities at work? Do you have breakfast or dinner before you go on night shift, breakfast or dinner when you finish? If you give me a bit more info then I will do my best to help you out.CM

#16 AGordon

AGordon

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Well I am delighted to report that I have lost 1 1/2lbs this week surprised that was wasn't put on and MORE!! Have not been PEP perfect this week in the slightest did have a few meals out which I was saving checks for but kept on having binges on mini eggs and other nice things!! Suppose I should say thanks to free soup!!Next week is a new week, only 6lb to go until target! As you said last week CM maybe this is my problem just now I am so close but keep falling into bad habits, I will get there!Well done everyone :2thumbs:

#17 TBird-Audrey

TBird-Audrey

Positively Perfect

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,735 posts
  • Location:Doon the bottom o the road, last cul-de-sac on the right

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Hello CM and Classmates :)Afraid to say I'm not doing as well as my OH :( 1lb on at class today. Never mind, tomorrow is a new day :2thumbs:In answer to your questions about OH's night shifts ~ there is a microwave and a kettle at his work. We have our main meal before he goes to work, and he has cereal and a cup of tea when he gets home in the morning. He takes a "packed lunch" which is usually a wholemeal roll with 2 slices of turkey & shredded lettuce, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 apple, 1 orange, 2 squares of 85% chocolate, 1 Weetabix oaty bar, 1x250ml bottle orange juice and a bottle of Frijj. When he gets up in the afternoon he either has more cereal and a cup of tea, or 2 slices wholemeal toast, marmalade and a cup of tea, depending on what he feels like :lol:

#18 kath2054

kath2054

Positive Start

• Visitors
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

1.5lb off for me this week!

#19 crazycat30

crazycat30

Purely Positive

• eSupport Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts
  • Interests:Film, music reading

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

I am fresh starting tomorrow and will be posting a loss next week, Positive Mental Attitude I have done this before and will do this again....

#20 tidyingmargo

tidyingmargo

Positive Start

• eSupport Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Down 1lb this week for me. Quite pleased with that cause i've eaten out a couple of times and nibbled on some chocolate!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users